Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to do some modding (finally) and I will be needing some readings from things, ei: AFR/Boost/oil+trans temp... I tried to do some searching around but cant really find what I really want to find... Instead of having a gagilion gauges I am looking for a monitor/screen that will be hooked up to what I want read.

Kinda like what the GTR has stock. It might be a bit expensive but buying 4-5 gauges + pods and clogging up my pillars/dashboard/speed+rpm views wouldnt be better... I think a small screen over my navi would be so much better...

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
can you do a split screen and view multiple channels at once, like boost and afr?

does it come with all the sensors too? looks like its just the screen for $5xx.xx..

·
Registered
138 Posts
can you do a split screen and view multiple channels at once, like boost and afr?

does it come with all the sensors too? looks like its just the screen for $5xx.xx..
I don't own the product, but from what I've read it pulls info from the ECU, can read 50 different items and up to 8 of which can be viewed at one time.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
All of the ones you can buy (blitz touch brain, hks version, the ark mdf2 etc) are all really nice and all about $500 but none of them come with all the attachments you want. In the end they all round out to about $800 give or take. (8-900 for the basics: oil temp, boost, afr, water/trans temp).

·
Registered
2,658 Posts

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
I started to say that but I think the OP wants simultaneous screens. Like the old Magden made popular by everyone's favorite movie.

looks like something from TRON.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Then Evoscan on UMPC or remote LCD screen with Mini-computer in the car.
That would be exactly what i would be looking for :D I did some research and I got it down now. Thank you all for your help, gonna hit up best buy to see if they got something there, if not there is always amazon :D

Blitz and Greddy both make them, personally I think the Blitz unit is pretty sexy:

http://www.nengun.com/blitz/touch-brain

I'd rather have the screen instead of gauges myself as well, seems a lot easier with a lot less clutter.
After all the research, i think the most convinient and cheapest way to get what I want is grabbing the BLITZ unit is awesome. It comes with a solid software as well as the unit itself. I could get a tablet pc and set it up like razorlab but I couldnt quite trust evoscan lol. I wasnt expecting it to only cost $25 bucks so I am questioning it a bit. Looking at windows 7 small tablets right now and with the software+tablet the blitz one is looking a better choice. I hit up a geek buddy of mine to see which way to go...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts