Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm running the old DW 1000cc injectors and E85 with a protune. One of the injectors will not seat correctly into the manifold. I'm throwing a P0171 code likely due to this. Any ideas on why this injector wont seat correctly and keeps popping out? I've attached a picture of one of the injectors that seats correctly and a picture of the one that is popped out.

Attachments

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The fuel rail is not bent as the stock injectors seat fine and this one particular injector continues to pop no matter where I place it.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
When i installed my injectors I also had a really tuff time seating two of them. Best bet is check for corrosion, clean and try again to get it seated. Becareful not to rip a o ring.

·
Registered
238 Posts
My guess was going to be the old o-ring, but you already checked for that. Maybe a little extra loving lube to guide it along.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think I found the problem! The top of the injector is missing a small plastic washer see the attached pic... any ideas on where I could get another one or something similar?

Attachments

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If I can find anything its gonna be a pain in the ass. Its plastic and has a perfect fit so its gonna be a biotch to get on and to have size right

·
[E-Tuner]
15,860 Posts
If I can find anything its gonna be a pain in the ass. Its plastic and has a perfect fit so its gonna be a biotch to get on and to have size right
get a friend to bring you to a hardware store, and bring the bad injector and a good one so you can verify the sizes

1 - 20 of 20 Posts