Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a MAF calibration for the Injen Short Ram intake? I searched but couldn't find anything. I noticed Cobb has a map for this intake but I do not have access to ATR. Would like to avoid going on a late night cruise. In Los Angeles that is about the only time I can go long distances at constant speed/load without traffic. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Why u have to calibrate your MAF?? Does the intake change the MAF housing?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To be honest I'm not sure if the ID is changed from stock where the MAF sensor sits in the intake. I do know that Injen claims to have engineered the MAF area for this application (what that means, I have no clue). I do not have it on the car currently, so I can't log trims with it to see if it produces any negative effects. I was going purely based on the fact that Cobb had a specific map for this intake, so I was expecting to have to at least confirm the MAF cal when I put it back on the car tomorrow. Appreciate any input you might have. If anyone can look in ATR at the Injen map and tell me if there is much of a difference from the stock calibration, I'll have a better idea if I need to adjust the calibration.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Didn't have a caliper on me, but I did notice something strange. There is a small piece of metal tubing welded in next to where the MAF sits inside this intake. Not sure how it effects the readings.

·
Registered
4,273 Posts
if it's not using the OEM housing, i'd consider rescaling even if the diameter is the same. there's a lot more to it than just area.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just got the intake installed again, so I have not had a chance to log stabilized trims yet. The filter opening of the pipe is larger than the area where the MAF sits, so it wasn't as easy as I hoped to measure. But the pipe welded inside along side the sensor really threw me off. I have decided to wait for traffic to die down and then I will go and do some logging and use one of the spreadsheets here to assist in the calibration. Thanks for the input guys, I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay, just got done with some late night logging. Driving around town, the trims were +5 prior to logging for MAF scaling purposes. Reset the trims and did about 30 minutes of driving (mixed speed city and freeway driving) and the trims shot up to +9 and stabilized there. Plugged the log values into the spreadsheet, reflashed the car with the result and on the return trip, trims had stabilized to just under +1 for cruise, and just under +2 idle. Logged the whole way back but got stuck idling in a construction area, so I may just use the last part of the log for the second run through the spreadsheet. Will flash the car tomorrow and see if the trims get any smaller, but I am really happy with the result of the first pass. Either way I think it was a good idea to rescale for this particular intake.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was using the Tactrix Standalone logger, which appears to give a 'Correct Header Not Found' error when uploading. I will see how Evoscan logs the same information and see if I can get it to work. Thanks for providing the tool though, like the spreadsheets I used, it definitely makes things easier. I will try and get it to work with my logs, and if not I may do another run from the stock MAF scaling and Evoscan and see how the results compare.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I was using the Tactrix Standalone logger, which appears to give a 'Correct Header Not Found' error when uploading. I will see how Evoscan logs the same information and see if I can get it to work. Thanks for providing the tool though, like the spreadsheets I used, it definitely makes things easier. I will try and get it to work with my logs, and if not I may do another run from the stock MAF scaling and Evoscan and see how the results compare.

Thanks for trying it out. Post you log that doesn't work so I can tweak the app for the correct header. Thanks.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Too difficult to scale and fine tune Injen intakes because of the stupid MAF bypass pipe.
Un-metered air FTL.

ANY other intake is better and easier to use.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here is the log from the Tactrix Standalone that would not load. Those pics above are exactly what I was talking about. Not sure if its necessarily un-metered air, as the sensor is only seeing a portion of the flow in any intake. I think the pipe is placed in there to shape the flow over the sensor, and possibly manipulate the overall area of the pipe. Either way, my trims have looked a lot better since scaling the MAF twice.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts