Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok just got my password jdm rear tow hook for my 08 GSR and I understand it's not rocket science but where do I mount the 2 bolts too? Anyone have this installed that can provide me with a pic? I have a single outlet exhaust and underneath all I see is the stock tow hook but no place to mount the small extension piece they gave me and the 2 bolts. Am I missing something? Thanks for the help guys!

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
Can you link up a pic of the product along with its mounting hardware? My YR advance tow hook mounted up to the left factory tow hook. It was basically an 8" steal bar, with a hook at the end and it came with a "half circle" thing that was placed inside the tow hook area which prevented the bar from moving at all. The two bolts secured it from the front and back of the factory hook.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you link up a pic of the product along with its mounting hardware? My YR advance tow hook mounted up to the left factory tow hook. It was basically an 8" steal bar, with a hook at the end and it came with a "half circle" thing that was placed inside the tow hook area which prevented the bar from moving at all. The two bolts secured it from the front and back of the factory hook.
Sure one sec

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
Fixed.

Ok.. see that little "spacer" thing with the 2 holes in it? You want that to go inside the factory mounting point.. It will will basically make it so the bar doesn't move at all when it is being towed. Fitment might be rough by a mm or two, but it shouldn't matter. I hope i explained it right, i cant really think of a way to explain it better.

So in total it came with two bolts? I apologiZe i am drunk right now but i will post a pic of the YR advance hook mounted. It might give you an idea of what you need to do..

·
Registered
7,476 Posts

Gives you an idea of how it works.. behind that bolt, thats where the "spacer thing with the two holes" goes. Mine had only one bolt, yours has two.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fixed.

Ok.. see that little "spacer" thing with the 2 holes in it? You want that to go inside the factory mounting point.. It will will basically make it so the bar doesn't move at all when it is being towed. Fitment might be rough by a mm or two, but it shouldn't matter. I hope i explained it right, i cant really think of a way to explain it better.

So in total it came with two bolts? I apologiZe i am drunk right now but i will post a pic of the YR advance hook mounted. It might give you an idea of what you need to do..
Lmao I am drunk also so with that being said I still don't understand I might have to wait till morning. I tried fitting that spacer thing in-between the stock mounting point and I felt likeva monkey trying to fit a square block in a circular hole. Hmmm installing parts drunk may not be the way to go but the passion never rest. Lol.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Gives you an idea of how it works.. behind that bolt, thats where the "spacer thing with the two holes" goes. Mine had only one bolt, yours has two.
This looks nothing like what I see. This is the right side or left side of the vehicle?

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Pistol is the removal of the bumper needed for this? Cause I just looked again and I see nothing that looks like that on either side. I purchased this thinking it was quick easy install if not it's going back since it's just an accessory.

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
Pistol is the removal of the bumper needed for this? Cause I just looked again and I see nothing that looks like that on either side. I purchased this thinking it was quick easy install if not it's going back since it's just an accessory.
No, dont remove the bumper. That hook should be able to mount up to the factory tow hook under the diffuser, either side. I swear i have seen a post of someone with the same hook and it mounted to the left side like the YR one..

Fuck it, take it back and buy the YR advance hook lol it comes with instructions.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
:iagree::iagree:
No, dont remove the bumper. That hook should be able to mount up to the factory tow hook under the diffuser, either side. I swear i have seen a post of someone with the same hook and it mounted to the left side like the YR one..

Fuck it, take it back and buy the YR advance hook lol it comes with instructions.
thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nah theres no place on either side to mount this. I don't think this particular hook is meant for our cars. It's going back!

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You own an x right? I swear there are two factory tow hooks on the back on both sides!
Yes I have an x and I see the two stock hooks but cant see anyway to mount this. Without a pic of this exact piece mounted I won't be able to install.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts