Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed this a few weeks ago. Here are some pictures.

Went simple for now and installed the Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT, Metra MITO-02, and Scosche Dash kit.

Install was fairly straight forward.

Have some focal 165 k2 components that I might put in when I ever get free time.
Also looking to put a JL W3 10 in sometime later.

Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT and Scosche Dash Kit

Metra MITO-02

Before

After

Fitment on my piece was pretty good. Only part I had to dremel was the center opening of the double din. Had extra tabs sticking out from the plastic mold.

DVD playing

Home Menu

Navi wanders when the car is not cranked on. I assume because of the way this unit is grounded for bypass. Does other people have the same issue?

HD Radio Playing

Mounted the BT Mic here but moved it to the OEM Mic location later because the range wasn't good here.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Looks great how to you like the unit so far ?? Pro's con's ?? I have been looking at this for awhile but still on the fence

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I have the stock Navi, and the aftermarket dash kits make it look so plain.

The stock piece has a lip that runs along the top that is covered in silver that at least gives it a little style.

To bad the stock navi blows, I have been thinking of getting rid of it for awhile. I would probably get the same headunit as you did. Looks good.

·
[CEEvo Treasurer]
1,705 Posts
How flush do the edges of your dash kit sit? I've had my scosche dash kit a couple months and the two top edges don't sit flush with the rest of the dash.
Was just going to post that mine doesn't either and I think that has been the majority. I'm not bothered by it though and I think the only fix would be a heat gun. Good luck with that:shades:

@op- looks good. I have a DVD touch screen in mine. Pondered the idea of pulling it and putting a singl din and gauges or just gauges.

Kris

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks great how to you like the unit so far ?? Pro's con's ?? I have been looking at this for awhile but still on the fence
No cons yet but I haven't really used it aside from listening to the radio. My fav feature is the BT. Now I don't have to hold my phone while shifting.
I have the stock Navi, and the aftermarket dash kits make it look so plain.

The stock piece has a lip that runs along the top that is covered in silver that at least gives it a little style.

To bad the stock navi blows, I have been thinking of getting rid of it for awhile. I would probably get the same headunit as you did. Looks good.
Yeah I opt not to get the stock navi when I bought my car knowing I would put a system in it eventually.

THIS IS SPARTA!

Looks really good. I wish I would have did this instead of getting the crapper stock Navi.
Thanks
Unit looks great. Which tabs did you dremel on the scosche?
None of the real tabs, just some excess plastic from their mold. I didn't take any picture of it. It was on the double din openning.

Was just going to post that mine doesn't either and I think that has been the majority. I'm not bothered by it though and I think the only fix would be a heat gun. Good luck with that:shades:

@op- looks good. I have a DVD touch screen in mine. Pondered the idea of pulling it and putting a singl din and gauges or just gauges.

Kris
Yea I love the look of double dins but notice I only install it for looks. On my last unit I probably played movies on it less than 10 times. Mainly plug a iPod in it and that's it.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How is it so far? I heard the metra had wiring issues, and its own wires don't easily fit? I am basically doing the same thing except with the rearview camera.
I read that too but my unit actually works with no issues.

Wiring was pretty straight forward. The connectors are no different from OEM.

Which rearview camera you get? I'm thinking about installing one but haven't researched on the camera.

·
Vendor
277 Posts
I read that too but my unit actually works with no issues.

Wiring was pretty straight forward. The connectors are no different from OEM.

Which rearview camera you get? I'm thinking about installing one but haven't researched on the camera.
Oh ok, awesome! And the ND-BC4 is what I am getting, seems decent enough. I am still doing research also, so if you come across something better let me know.

·
Evos before hoes
2,599 Posts
love the dog:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
How is it so far? I heard the metra had wiring issues, and its own wires don't easily fit? I am basically doing the same thing except with the rearview camera.
Hi i have a lancer gts 2011, and got the money to buy it all that, i thing thats my best choice but i also want to do the rearviem cam to, how is ur proyect so far? did u see the plate camera? let me know and we may change info hehe

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nav System

I have a question... im new in these just got my car 3 months ago and havent do the research for warranty or anything, if some one knows please share. Second, i have the blue tooth, and all controls, everything will work with the stock wheeldrive buttons, i mean everything will work as it is? sorry for my ignorance just want to be sure before spend that money. BTW its a GTS 2011 with "rockaford" system (how ever u type it). Thanks

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have a 2008 Evo so it didnt come with the BT and steering wheel controls.
I believe there is a module you buy that you can program your stock steering wheel control to work with this HU.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Where did u attach the green wire? im gonna install the same exact stereo and Mit0-2 but i herd u need something to be able to drive and watch the dvd player .

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Where did u attach the green wire? im gonna install the same exact stereo and Mit0-2 but i herd u need something to be able to drive and watch the dvd player .
I wish I could help you but it's been awhile since I did the install. I found how to do the bypass through a YouTube video. Basically you tap a wire into a ground and you can watch DVD while driving. The YouTube video shows you everything.

·
[CEEvo Treasurer]
1,705 Posts
I wish I could help you but it's been awhile since I did the install. I found how to do the bypass through a YouTube video. Basically you tap a wire into a ground and you can watch DVD while driving. The YouTube video shows you everything.
You need a toggle switch. Preferably a momentary IIRC. You run the green wire to the switch then on the other side of the switch to ground. After the car is on you flip the switch on then off. You are just momentarily grounding it tricking the system into think you've engaged the e-brake. At least that is how mine worked and it worked fine without any issues.

Kris

·
Registered
703 Posts
looks awesome definitely better than stock navi, was wondering how much did that cost you in total?

·
Registered
868 Posts
Looks really good! Did you have to run a separate wire to the head unit for the Nav signal, or is that already in the "cluster" of wires behind the old stock player, and when you plug it in it's ready to go?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts