Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i live in albany NY 20 yrs old male. how much would an 08 evo gsr cost me for insurance? reason im askin in the forum is because i dont want to deal with the hassle of goin to an actual insurance company for a quote.

217 a month allstate

·
Registered
9,566 Posts
i live in albany NY 20 yrs old male. how much would an 08 evo gsr cost me for insurance? reason im askin in the forum is because i dont want to deal with the hassle of goin to an actual insurance company for a quote.
1 million dollars. Wait no just let us do the work for you since its a hassle for us.

Get ready for the most variables you have ever seeen :)

·
Registered
310 Posts
Well unfortunately to know for sure you'll have to ask an insurance agent. You can send an inquiry online to one of many sites that will send it to many companies... Some will give you a list of quotes online, others will have 15 different people call you.. but that's the only way to know for sure.

Rates also vary by company because some companies 'like' certain cars in comparison to others. I checked around a lot and found best rates between American Family and Allstate for myself. I use American Family.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
it depends on a lot, but yea, find a evo X vin #, and go on progressive.com and do their free quote, its legit, and will quote you like 4+ other companies too.

Lots a variables, area, credit, age, driving history, etc. When I bought my evo at 25, i was 100 a month, but I think that is quite low compared to most.

·
Registered
310 Posts
it depends on a lot, but yea, find a evo X vin #, and go on progressive.com and do their free quote, its legit, and will quote you like 4+ other companies too.

Lots a variables, area, credit, age, driving history, etc. When I bought my evo at 25, i was 100 a month, but I think that is quite low compared to most.

I bought my 08 GSR at 25 as well, $100/month for me too.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Like I said before, some companies 'like' specific cars and some 'hate' them. I worked for MetLife years ago and there are some cars that they do not like to insure (one being Evos), so they charge extreme premiums to insure those specific vehicles. I forget what other companies I found that try to avoid Evos... But being an employee my rates still would have been over $250/month.

But I am at $100/month with American Family with max coverage (500/500) and I think a $500 deductible.

Your deductible can change premiums a ton btw. Play around with different specifications if you need to, to make it more affordable

·
Banned
1,821 Posts
I'm an insurance agent
20 year old male w/Evo, probably only Progressive or maybe GEICO will take you. Most major companies (Safeco, LNW, Met, etcetera) won't insure you.

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Like I said before, some companies 'like' specific cars and some 'hate' them. I worked for MetLife years ago and there are some cars that they do not like to insure (one being Evos), so they charge extreme premiums to insure those specific vehicles. I forget what other companies I found that try to avoid Evos... But being an employee my rates still would have been over $250/month.

But I am at $100/month with American Family with max coverage (500/500) and I think a $500 deductible.

Your deductible can change premiums a ton btw. Play around with different specifications if you need to, to make it more affordable

WOW, I thought my rates were high at $640/year.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I pay 70 a month for 1000/500 deductible with AAA.

·
Registered
863 Posts
There are alot of factors for insurance. Age, type of car, driving record, geographical area, and sometimes crime stats. i know this dont help too much but im 38, active duty army. if i was to go with allstate, my monthly would be 180/ month just for the evo. I am fortunate enough to have USAA. i pay $109 for full coverage on my evo, my wifes dodge journey and renters insurance.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.