Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girlfriend gift me an intake for christmas!! I tell her that i want the ets, ams or k&n intake. But she give me an aFe air intake stage 2 because the guy in the store said it will make the same or similar results and power for less money than other biggest brands. I personally dont know about this brand (afe) the only thing i know is what i saw in a you tube video and in google. It appears to be a good product and with great fitments and good quality. If someone of you guys have a personal expierence with this intake or know something about it let me know!!! The intake arrive in Puerto Rico this wednesday. I am very exited with this but i want to know if this is a good product. :)

·
Registered
14,174 Posts
Punch your girlfriend in the head and buy an AMS.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
most intakes are just a pipe with a cone filter on it. only ones that set themselves apart are heat-shield and cold-air intake design. aFe at least put some thought into it using both a custom heath shield and the oem snorkel. nothing wrong with it and you should be happy to have a gf that buys you parts

:angrydomo: *just because this forum has the best emoticons

·
Registered
1,407 Posts

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
I've had AFE for over a year now and I'm very happy with it ;)

·
Registered
14,174 Posts
Gonna start calling these YIATs.

Yet another Intake Thread.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Based on the responses from those with actual experience with this intake, it sounds like this is more a case of a shop giving the gf good advice and her being smart enough to take it, and not a case of the gf ignoring the actual request and just buying something close to it. Which makes her a keeper. :D Enjoy the intake!

·
Registered
924 Posts
I ran an AFE on my 335i and had no issues with it... keep it, your gf did good

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well, Thanks everyone for the advice, i am very happy with the intake, i was just a bit worried about the quality and the brand because i dont know it. But now i am more happy:godance: because all the responds you guys give me. i am ancious to see it this wednesday and i will keep you inform about everything. thanks again!:rock:

·
Cunning Linguist
12,363 Posts
btw, how many hp i can get with the intake?
Probably between 40 WHP and 65 WHP gains. That's the typical number range. :rock::rock::rock::rock::dancebanana::$::tumbleweed::rock:

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Define nicer? a bigger brand name or ?
hey keshav i saw a video of the cnt rs exhaust and i want to know how is your experience with it, how it works and how many hp it can make, because an exhaust will be my next mod and i like the sound of the cnt!!:shades:

1 - 20 of 75 Posts