Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the market for a good intake / intercooler UICP/LICP kit. What have people liked and what have people disliked? I'm at about 5k in elevation as well, so steel wont work. Gets way to hot in Utah for steel.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
You may want a good 3.5" intake for your upcoming turbo. MAP and COBB both make good ones. As for the UICP/LICP's are concerned, they're just straight pipes, and most if not all the companies that make them for our cars use aluminum. The choice is yours.

·
[Local Team Member], aka pimplay2
7,791 Posts
any licp/uicp company is good man... some of the reputable kits would be AMS, ETS, that goes for intake as well...

I have Ultimate Racing piping + Harman Motive Intake.... no problems here

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
stay clear of HKS.

·
Registered
8,999 Posts
On a budget you can go wrong with the AGP set up, and the ETS / AMS are also an inexpensive good way to go.
I'm rocking the Cosworth piping on my car now and looking at picking up a Magnus intercooler when I get the money.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
yeah I gotta think about this for my upcoming setup..

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
On a budget you can go wrong with the AGP set up, and the ETS / AMS are also an inexpensive good way to go.
I'm rocking the Cosworth piping on my car now and looking at picking up a Magnus intercooler when I get the money.

Why are you switching intercoolers the agp is pretty good. If you are changing your intercooler the only options that make sence to me would be a 4.0 ets or this option

http://www.maperformance.com/1000hp-air-to-water-intercooler-t1-gt-int-6.html

Cosworth makes one but I doubt it's better than a ets or ams.

·
Registered
290 Posts
If you get UICP and LICP, do you have to run an intake? No offense to you guys that enjoy it, but the constant blowing off you hear with an intake on the evo x is annoying as hell. I have a turbo'd grand prix gtp, and that takes care of my blow off valve noises.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
ETS, AMS, Harmon, all those brands.

The only thing, the AMS and Harmon are going to need a re-tune due to a larger MAF housing, where the ETS uses the stock MAF. ETS sells the new housing as well for those that want it.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
If you get UICP and LICP, do you have to run an intake? No offense to you guys that enjoy it, but the constant blowing off you hear with an intake on the evo x is annoying as hell. I have a turbo'd grand prix gtp, and that takes care of my blow off valve noises.
No.

·
[Off Topic Moderator], [Ralliart Moderator], [Loca
4,765 Posts
Why do you say that?
+1 lol..........plus pipe is pipe in terms of the other various supporting mods offered by these companies i'd put AMS up there above HKS no doubt lol but that isnt the point of this thread

The man wants to know about pipes - the less pieces the better example i believe it is agp that makes one that goes from the turbo outlet to the intercooler the normal is two pieces w/ the split at the elbow before the intercooler. go with what is cost efficent to you and what looks nice to you...ignore the brand get what makes sense :)

good luck home skillet

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Why do you say that?
No offense to your excellent company, but to me HKS is the standard for Japanese parts and parts for the Evo X in general...call me a brand whore, but I prefer to go with certain brands over others when it comes to aftermarket parts, especially with all the junk that gets pumped on these forums that end up not holding up over time and wasting a lot of people's money!

·
Registered
8,999 Posts
No offense to your excellent company, but to me HKS is the standard for Japanese parts and parts for the Evo X in general...call me a brand whore, but I prefer to go with certain brands over others when it comes to aftermarket parts, especially with all the junk that gets pumped on these forums that end up not holding up over time and wasting a lot of people's money!
I hope by junk not holding up you are referring to the rash of HKS turbos that failed after a couple months and weren't warrantied. BTW when comparing tubes the AMS, ETS, and Cossie tubes are all a little higher quality than the HKS yet your paying less.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts