Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

I have been searching for the part number of the intercooler side panel (sits on both side of intercooler and you can see it through the grill), apparently google did not come back with any result, does anyone know the part number for it??

Thanks heaps

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that but I prefer the OEM one............ or does anyone have a copy of the factory service repair manual?? i have a copy of FSM but it does state the part number .......

Thanks again

·
[NEEvo President]
15,153 Posts
You could preform a test using thermal couples in areas that should see air flow. Compare the results of them on and off. The only thing to be careful of is making sure your car is at the same temp when do the tests. Also be good to do it all in one day.

I could simulate results, and trust me I do, but I need a proper 3D model of the car to do it.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
What kind of functionality is there? I have nothing there..would it be worth my time to spend $50 and get them.
They are directing air into the intercooler but without them I think your fine, there's no escaping air when your driving unless you go all vtec style and twistie tie your license plate in the middle of your grill.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
They guide air to the IC as well as channel air into the engine bay. IIRC the MR's have a oil res on one side that need that air.
Good info man, well I dont drive an Evo, but I boosted my gts which is why I dont have the covers..I wonder If I can get those bad boys in there somehow..everything else fit perfect..may be worth a shot.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.