Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

281 - 298 of 298 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Ryan,

Is the lead time on these still a couple weeks? Any issues/hiccups/stoppage in production you see in the future? I'm thinking Ill go fixed back/roll bar/5 point over the winter months, but just wanted to plan accordingly.

Thanks,

Coop

·
Registered
72 Posts
can someone confirm if i have this correct

the main bar/hoop remains in place and you can get people seated in the back

then the x brace clips in for track duty?

only downside is the connections for the x brace sticking out of seat back

·
[Team IEG VP]
10,071 Posts
I would NEVER seat people in the back with any of the roll bar bars still in there. Even if they were wearing a snell approved helmet I wouldn't.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #284

As said above, you shouldn't sit folks back there with the cage installed. The bar is designed for ease of install/removal. You may as well just take the whole thing out, takes me 15-20mins at this point.

·
Registered
9,200 Posts

Don't put anyone you like back there.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Or use a ton of roll bar padding so that slamming your head into it would be no worse than the seat backs. Seat belts would also be a really good idea and you might want to make sure anyone sitting back there signs a waiver. :thumbup:

·
Registered
9,200 Posts
Or use a ton of roll bar padding so that slamming your head into it would be no worse than the seat backs. Seat belts would also be a really good idea and you might want to make sure anyone sitting back there signs a waiver. :thumbup:
Seat belts either pulled till completely taught or full harnesses only... And padding everywhere. And possibly helmets. And yeah waivers.

I still wouldn't. Who needs a five seater anyway? Chicks dig two-seaters with four doors.

·
Registered
31 Posts
roll bar

got it, love it

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
Two more easy quick questions for you Ryan.

Is there room (or do you make a lower "sun roof" model) to weld some plates under the feet in the car for additional support to the bolt in area?

Are the blue bars in the 311 cars octane blue, or is this a custom color? If it is custom, does it come at the $700 custom paint premium?

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #294
Two more easy quick questions for you Ryan.

Is there room (or do you make a lower "sun roof" model) to weld some plates under the feet in the car for additional support to the bolt in area?

Are the blue bars in the 311 cars octane blue, or is this a custom color? If it is custom, does it come at the $700 custom paint premium?
The roll bars in our production units are 311RS Blue, which we do paint yes. OEM Evo X color match powder coating (or any custom color) is included in the price. We don't make a sun roof model, however the main hoop mounting solution can be welded to the chassis if you wish.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Back from the dead. Are these roll bars still available from Fall-Line?

281 - 298 of 298 Posts