Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
QUESTION!!!

So, this patch uses spark cut. I thought this type of cut was lesser preferred to fuel cut?

Wont this increases EGT's significantly? along with putting a lot more heat/stress on the turbo? since it will be moving combustion out of the cylinder, into the manifold?

Sounds and looks awesome fun though!

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
If you sat on it for an extended period of time it might start hurting the turbo/manifold, but as long as it's used responsibly I would not expect any issues, hell it hasn't cracked my stock manifold yet and I've had it on my car for over a year now and a decent amount of 2 steps and shenanigans.

Like everything with this platform, it's going to be a use at your own risk type of thing.

Also we have tephras blessing if that says anything about it
I know its supposed to be used "responsibly" whatever that means lol.

I was just curious why fuel cut wasn't used instead of spark cut.

It really is amazing that your manifold hasn't cracked yet. I discovered cracks all over the inside of the runners on my stock mani when it was removed for the turbo upgrade. The stock heat shield also had carbon all over the inside from where exhaust gas was escaping.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
So, this patch uses spark cut. I thought this type of cut was lesser preferred to fuel cut?

Wont this increases EGT's significantly? along with putting a lot more heat/stress on the turbo? since it will be moving combustion out of the cylinder, into the manifold?
Meh. I dont think so. Why would EGTs increase? Un burned fuel should actually decrease this. And the turbo shouldn't be stressed out because there shouldn't be combustion to start with, since there is no spark :)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.