Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
spark cut evo x 2011 problemes

Evolution X GSR 2011 PTE6266
ROM:56890013

Hi, i don't understand how does your spark cut calculator is working because i would like to put my rpm rev limiter at 4500 or 5000 and i don't know what divider to put. I tried 7500 rpm with a divider of 1.07 and I got 6 psi and i don't have any backfire like we can see on others video.

·
Registered
2 Posts
evo x spark cut

i have a evo x 52370028 can some one make a patch for me .im new here and it says my posts has to be more than 15 to send a PM thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
“Recommended” settings:
  • With the Fuel cut rev limiter set to the default 7599 and the Divider set to 1.11 the rev limiter will be just more than 7500
  • On a 5MT car the stationary can be set to the default of 5500, however the stationary rev limiter under limits will need to be raised.

• Can someone explain what does OP means by "5MT car the stationary can be set to the default of 5500, however the stationary rev limiter under limits will need to be raised"?

does stationary refers to the "Stationary Rev Limiter" or "Stationary Spark Cut Rev RPM" table?

And what is Stationary rev limiter under limits?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Can someone explain what does OP means by "5MT car the stationary can be set to the default of 5500, however the stationary rev limiter under limits will need to be raised"?

does stationary refers to the "Stationary Rev Limiter" or "Stationary Spark Cut Rev RPM" table?

And what is Stationary rev limiter under limits?
The original rev limiter for the 2 step needs to be raised so it does not interfere with the one for the patch. That is the one under limits

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Ok looking at pictures of my settings here, is that correct?

Top is the Patch settings, bottom is the factory revlimiter and limits.

Thanks for the response OP!
Yes that looks right if you want the stationary to be set to 5000

·
Registered
45 Posts
I mean, every TUNER that sets up an aggressive launch control, if they're worth their money and care about their reputation, will tell you that this messes up your valves. I know that Devin Niemala up in Spokane, who runs a youtube channel and has a built Evo X, just suffered some damage on pistons and valves from (over)using the aggressive launch control. Anyone who uses this should know that the time bomb ticks a bit each time you use this. Interesting note is that English Racing won't configure this on their tunes. This aligns with their conservative style of tuning (<500whp on a 6466 LMAO). But the smile that this puts on my face makes it worth using IMO.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I mean, every TUNER that sets up an aggressive launch control, if they're worth their money and care about their reputation, will tell you that this messes up your valves. I know that Devin Niemala up in Spokane, who runs a youtube channel and has a built Evo X, just suffered some damage on pistons and valves from (over)using the aggressive launch control. Anyone who uses this should know that the time bomb ticks a bit each time you use this. Interesting note is that English Racing won't configure this on their tunes. This aligns with their conservative style of tuning (<500whp on a 6466 LMAO). But the smile that this puts on my face makes it worth using IMO.
It doesn't help that Devin was running pump gas has either. English probably knew what they where doing not pushing his pump gas setup over 500whp. New tuner and boom, look what happened. Running aggressive pump gas timing I am sure plus the spark patch.

·
Registered
43 Posts
So, this patch uses spark cut. I thought this type of cut was lesser preferred to fuel cut?

Wont this increases EGT's significantly? along with putting a lot more heat/stress on the turbo? since it will be moving combustion out of the cylinder, into the manifold?

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
So, this patch uses spark cut. I thought this type of cut was lesser preferred to fuel cut?

Wont this increases EGT's significantly? along with putting a lot more heat/stress on the turbo? since it will be moving combustion out of the cylinder, into the manifold?
Meh. I dont think so. Why would EGTs increase? Un burned fuel should actually decrease this. And the turbo shouldn't be stressed out because there shouldn't be combustion to start with, since there is no spark :)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

41 - 54 of 54 Posts