Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
today i bring you post # 1 of my foray into real vs fake knock on the Evo X

I have gotten my Knock listening devices all hooked up and ready to go.

Things you will see/ learn
  1. What Knock Sounds like
  2. What knock Looks like
  3. How accurate the Evo X Knock filters are VS real knock
  4. How to PREVENT KNOCK
  5. and much more

More to come!!!

·
Registered
9,030 Posts
I was going to contact you about just this topic actually, I don't have your email though Jon can you PM it to me please? I just spent the last 48 hours going through my tune one degree of timing at a time while running E85 looking for that MBT threshold. At one point I was getting break up in the higher rpms which at first started to worry me but actually narrowed it down to having too little timing. One hell of a process starting at ground zero and feeling the way through a tune deadening knock sensitivity while finding the best timing.

Hit me up I would love to have you look over my results and tell me what you think.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think it is pretty easy to tell real knock from fake knock...people with fake knock keep driving their cars... :peepwall:
Apparently you've not tuned many cars on E85 or really shit 91. Or a built motor our valves/cam setups with huge seat pressure. The frequency range that the EVO knock is very similar to valve train sound... And piston slap.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.