Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm talking 93 specifically.

I always notice that Sunoco premium 93 is always about $.10 higher than every other gas station on any given day. Is it just where I live (Richmond VA) or is it like this country wide?
:wtfsign:

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I actually really see it consistently higher (its right by my job) but I have a feeling there isn't going to be any rhyme or reason to it.

·
Registered
351 Posts
sunoco is definitely 93 higher than others here, but the fact that the sunoco's here are all off highways, i have yet to find a local one.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm gonna test out a tank of Sunoco 93 and see how the car likes it. I'll see if its worth the extra $.10 (doubt it tho).

·
Registered
10,095 Posts
Ours is the same price as local competitors. It might just be due to the normal variance all stations have. You can go 5 miles down the same road and see a spread of 20-30 cents.

·
aka jeremy.england
878 Posts
i have a service station near the house that undercuts every other station in the area no matter what. one of their managers drives to other local stations to check pricing. its pretty ridiculous if you ask me...gas is gas when i need it i buy it. 10 whole cents... is it really worth driving around looking for cheaper gas?

i take that back .10 * 13 is like a dollar 30...depending on distance that quite possibly is worth a drive across the street.

·
[Local Team Member], aka pimplay2
7,791 Posts
i have a service station near the house that undercuts every other station in the area no matter what. one of their managers drives to other local stations to check pricing. its pretty ridiculous if you ask me...gas is gas when i need it i buy it. 10 whole cents... is it really worth driving around looking for cheaper gas?

i take that back .10 * 13 is like a dollar 30...depending on distance that quite possibly is worth a drive across the street.
nope, but I have a gas app :) to show me whats the cheapest in the area

·
Registered
10,095 Posts

There's a massive amount of people who will buy the cheapest stuff, and the cheapest stuff only. It's all about getting people to stop at your station, screw the cost of gas. You need to get people in the doors to buy coffee, or snacks, or condoms, or pieces of string, to make money.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Shell is always the most expensive gas in the philadelphia suburban area. Sunoco is cheaper than Shell but more than the others. There are two Sunoco refineries on the Philadlephia area. Maybe the distance from the refinery adds something to the cost?

Citgo seems to be the cheapest in the area.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm not really going for cheap (I only put BP 93 in right now, Shell if I'm out of my area) I'm just wondering if there is a quality difference or something with Sunoco (I highly doubt it).

I just find it so weird that no matter the other prices in the area Sunoco is always higher. I have a feeling that it has to do with the fact that Sunoco is the NASCAR fuel partner and since VA is a huge NASCAR state the price is what it is.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
365 Posts
there are three sunocos in my area, the one is always more expensive because its right on a road with 6-8 dealerships. so they get mad money from all them. They also sell 94. the other two are ALWAYS lower but only sell 93(which is what i use anyhow)

·
[X Performance Mod], [Racing Mod], [Local Team Mem
11,761 Posts
SHell has always been the most expensive one around the 8 States I have lived in.

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
it all depends on where you are. I've seen Sunoco cheaper in some parts of NY and more expensive in others (compared to competition). The NJ Turnpike/Garden State Parkway has cheap gas comparative to areas I travel around it (and they both sell Sunoco).

·
aka jeremy.england
878 Posts
That's what I say to all the guys that have E85 lol.
i live 7 miles from the closest e85 station...the ONLY one in town. i get tuned tomorrow...but there will be an alternate map for the ol 93...

on a side note do everyones sunocos have 94 oct. i think thats the highest at my local sunoco. shit they have like 5 or 6 different flavors (octane)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts