Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 269 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a 2011 Black GSR paid off.. with less then 5000 miles on it.. and I'm seriously thinking about taking it back to the dealership and trading it in for a MR.. Are the paddle shifters as awesome as everyone's says?? Honestly even when i had my STI.. I always hated on them cause anything not stick in my eyes....is gay!

However.. Every MR owner Ive spoke to.. wouldn't give them up for a stick any day of the week.. So.. should i put my Evo back to stock and trade it in?:wallbash:

·
Cunning Linguist
12,363 Posts
Just search this. There are a million MR vs. GSR comparisons.

Pros and cons to each, as well.

·
Registered
5,257 Posts
I'd say yes, for smaller builds especially at the track I'd say MR, if you want more than 400wtq get a GSR. I love my MR and the transmission is so smooth at the track.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This seems like a poor attempt at a troll.
Troll???

And I wont be going over 400.. its still going to be my daily, that's why i also wouldn't mind the ability to throw it into drive when dealing with D.C. traffic...

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Everyone has their preferences. If anyone asks me, I will say hell no. I spent $60k on a brand new fully loaded MR and was never happy. I lost another $11k to trade in for a USED GSR and haven't stopped smiling since.

This guy summarizes my feelings :)

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
I got my MR for 40k, sounds like a true stealership lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide
^ Canadia

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What do you mean with “that much better”
Better in traffic? I will say yes!
Yes.. that's exactly what i mean.. it would be nice to have the MR since i drive to d.c. everyday.. Also this question is for anyone with a MR

When you are in sports mode...does it still feel like a sports car?

·
Registered
845 Posts
Well I'd rather pay more and have one than pay less and be broke. :p though importing would solve it. I was just lazy...

·
Registered
440 Posts
I had a 2010 MR and now driving a GSR. IMO both cars are great and I think it just comes down to the driver. I prefer my GSR because the car feels a little more nimble and I have yet to lock up my tires unless I was absolutely trying to. There have been a few times where I accidently locked up all 4 tires in an emergency braking situation which I didnt expect to happen. The MR brakes seems to grab harder and some folks might prefer it while some don't. Also, the MR struts are awesome. Nice and comfortable while maintaining performance. The GSR feels good to me, but I hear some people cry that its a tad stiff.

The SST is top notch. More tempting to speed since the next gear is easily accessible. I prefer rowing through the gears and it keeps me from speeding lol. I don't have the discipline to drive SST. As some are saying, go test drive one for your self.

Yes.. that's exactly what i mean.. it would be nice to have the MR since i drive to d.c. everyday.. Also this question is for anyone with a MR

The car feels the same in every mode even in auto(as for sport car feel). The only thing that changes is the shift points. Put the car in sport mode while in auto and it will shift higher in the rpm range than normal mode. It will also downshift at the same range to keep the car in that same powerband. Also the shifts feel more aggressive. Super Sport mode gives a nice kick in the bum when it shifts and place a nice :) on your face.

·
[Local Team Member], aka pimplay2
7,791 Posts
for the price, no IMHO

if your going to base your car off where you live now esp being in the military.....................

*long pause* well thats dumb, if you go to montana next and have no traffic at all will you trade it back for a GSR?

·
Registered
242 Posts

yes sports mode is high reving and very responsive, where as normal mode is very smooth on shifts. i deal with lots of traffic, so this keeps me from shifting every 5 secs.. :) for a comparison, sports mode would be like my v8 manual mustang GT... and normal is like my DD camry.

edit: forgot to mention.. i have a 2011 ww evo x MR

·
Purple meat eater
1,242 Posts
MR is great in traffic and also on the highway thanks to the extra gear VS. GSR.

I think it all comes down to what your needs are that makes MR/GSR superior in the owner's experience.

I have 2010 Ralliart Sportback as DD and 2008 MR as the hobby car. Love them both.

·
Registered
456 Posts
i drive through traffic 36 miles one way to work, 36 miles back in traffic, never once thought damn, i should have gotten an auto clutch instead. its paid off (damn you), enjoy being able to spend your paychecks on goodies and other things instead of a car payment. also, driven many MR's as i am a tech for mitsu, and i don't like it. then again, i've only ever owned manual cars so its a habit to want to shift while driving (pedal not steering wheel padels)

5,198 Posts
I had a 2010 MR and now driving a GSR. IMO both cars are great and I think it just comes down to the driver. I prefer my GSR because the car feels a little more nimble and I have yet to lock up my tires unless I was absolutely trying to. There have been a few times where I accidently locked up all 4 tires in an emergency braking situation which I didnt expect to happen. The MR brakes seems to grab harder and some folks might prefer it while some don't.
That is amazing since both cars have the exact same braking system.

The MR has 2p rotors but that has nothing to do with brake torque.

1 - 20 of 269 Posts