Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I changed my oil today (09 ralliart) and put 4.7 literes or 5 quarts. I drained the vechile flat and in the air on the lift and let it drip for 5 minutes. After I ran the car for two minutes and checked the oil and it was perfect inbtween the dots. I then drove home about a 15 min drive check oil and it looks like this?? Is this to much. Will I hurt car driving it

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
View attachment 287184
I changed my oil today (09 ralliart) and put 4.7 literes or 5 quarts. I drained the vechile flat and in the air on the lift and let it drip for 5 minutes. After I ran the car for two minutes and checked the oil and it was perfect inbtween the dots. I then drove home about a 15 min drive check oil and it looks like this?? Is this to much. Will I hurt car driving it
Side note I did check it with the vechile slanted a little bit toward front end (being lower) would this change anything

·
Registered
126 Posts
yes, park on a flat surface and let the oil go down after turning it off. Wipe dipstick and check again.

·
Registered
362 Posts
It’s probably fine. Like he said, park on a flat surface and check it.
If you’re really worried just drain a little bit.

·
Registered
7,777 Posts
It's fine. I usually run that amount for track sessions. Just to have a little more in the sump during high-G manouvers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts