Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 215 Posts

· Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A quick little history, and how I got here to the point of deciding to rebuild.

I bought my car about 5 month ago, its a 08 Evo w/ 30k mi on it.
When I bought it it already had quite a bit of aftermarket on it.

It had/has:
-Perrin DP
-HKS Hi-power exhaust
-Injen Intake and intercooler piping
-lower intercooler hard pipe, not sure of brand
-AGP intercooler
-some crap chrysler 770 injectors (WTF)
-Autometer phantom boost, oil pres., wideband A/F guages
-and some kind of tune running 23 psi

So at least I had a start.

I picked up a Cobb AP and AEM UEGO (needed logging ability), also switched all my gauges out to AEM, and started tuning with Clipse3GT

We were having fuel trouble, thats when I discovered the Chrysler Injectors, so I picked up some FIC 1100's. We got the tune dialed in on that setup. During that time I added a few parts:

-BC racing ER Series Coilovers
-Whiteline 27mm rear sway bar
-Synapse BOV
-GM 3 port

I was gearing up to leave for a deployment so I decided I want more power so I got in on the FP group buy, and I'm awaiting a ported FP Black Ball bearing turbo. I also decided to do the Map PnP exhaust Manifold. Other goodies acquired are:

-Rota P45R
-Federal SS595 tires 265/35/18
-Whiteline roll center adjusters
-Buschur O2 housing
-Blaqops fuel kit w/ Walbro 255 lph pump
-Blox front MM
-Oil catch can
-ZFR Short shifter
-Blox shift knob
-Powder coated red Valve cover
-PasswordJDM Plug cover
-Wiretucked

So Im sitting here awaiting my Turbo to come back with everything listed thus far installed and I'm researching this FP black on stock block and I have decided not to risk it. So here I am, beginning the buying process for the build, and I'm going to do it right the first time, no tear downs again for something else.
What I have decided on:

-Buschur bottom end, the 1BAMF engine, its sleeved and Stroked with the Manley stroker kit running Manley knife edged crank, Manley I beam rods, and coated Manley pistons.
-Buschur Port and Polished head with all the goodies (dual springs, oversized valves, etc.)
-Just picked up some Cosworth MX-1 Cams for the head
-ARP head studs, of course
-Most likely a Cosworth Head gasket
-Buschur Intake manifold PnP
-considering a ported throttle body
-ACT 6puck HD clutch
-ACT Streetlite flywheel

So thats where im at now. Buying parts and pulling a engine.

· Registered
609 Posts
Good start.

· aka MitsuEvoX
1,005 Posts
Very nice! On a side note, your UICP isn't injen. The injen has a bottle neck at the turbo outlet and the upper piece would be 2 pieces instead of 1. the person just slapped the injen sticker on it. Yours is better though:)

· Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ha ok, thanks for the info, I wonder what brand my IC piping is then....

Anyhow, was talking to Clipse3GT today, he said to avoid BC. So I think im going to just do the MAP 2.2L stroked motor (most likely Wiseco pistons, Manley Ibeams rods, Manley crank) Align hone w/ ARP mains.
Not PnP the head since my goal is 600awhp and it is alot for PnP and not needed. But I will install Dual valve springs, probably Supertech, and MX-1 Cams.
Put it all together with ARP head studs and Cosworth head gasket.
Also since its cheap and everything is apart, I will have MAP PnP and coat the intake manifold, probably just the Rev.2 though
Since im not PnPing the head, im thinking of having the Tranny jack rebuilt through MAP, since mine grinds and I hate tranny issues, so I will just take care of it now and replace the clutch and flywheel so that I should be fairly drivetrain problem free. Also I will do the Magnus clutch master upgrade.

· Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have been talking to Chris at MAP. As of right now I'm pretty much decided on the MAP stage 1 2.2L stroker short block w/ Manley pistons, MAP X-beam rods, ARP main studs with align hone.
Map Rev2 intake manifold PnP w/ ceramic coating, MAP intake manifold gasket.
Jack Transmission rebuild. ACT Xtreme HD clutch kit and streetlite flywheel. Magnus clutch master cyclinder.
ARP head studs and Cosworth gasket.
Most likely Supertech valve springs.
Already picked up some Cosworth MX-1 Cams.

I was looking at some ERL built motors but I will probably go with MAP.

· aka mrubino83
4,193 Posts
I have been talking to Chris at MAP. As of right now I'm pretty much decided on the MAP stage 1 2.2L stroker short block w/ Manley pistons, MAP X-beam rods, ARP main studs with align hone.
Map Rev2 intake manifold PnP w/ ceramic coating, MAP intake manifold gasket.
Jack Transmission rebuild. ACT Xtreme HD clutch kit and streetlite flywheel. Magnus clutch master cyclinder.
ARP head studs and Cosworth gasket.
Most likely Supertech valve springs.
Already picked up some Cosworth MX-1 Cams.

I was looking at some ERL built motors but I will probably go with MAP.
Looks like a good setup, except I would ditch the lightweight flywheel, and do oversized +1mm valves.

Cams are ok depending on turbo, if If youre staying stock frame medium size turbo. Although there are better gains to be had with a Kelford B, GSC stg2 , or AMS cam.

· Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I dont really want to get all into the head though. Trying to keep a mild street friendly cam. I have heard really good things about the MX1, they are quite aggressive for a "street" cam compared to others
going by this:
http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28650

· Registered
5,274 Posts
Did they recommend you do the stage 2? If you're going through the trouble I'd at least do it right and have the block sleeved.

I was thinking of a map stage 2 2.0L myself whenever I start my engine build.

600whp and no sleeving and those pistons will no doubt rub. I'd go for a gsc s2 for that kind of power if not a kelford.

· Vendor
544 Posts
After midnight, from who? lol Should've given me a chance to beat that price ;)

· Vendor
544 Posts
Yep got your email sir, will be responding shortly :)

1 - 20 of 215 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.