Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
5,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm starting to consider buying a quiet exhaust.

I have the Tomei right now. Before I had the Blitz, which was quiet. I also have the AMS test pipe, widemouth downpipe, and 272/272 cams.

Before I loved the noise. It was cool setting off car alarms. It was cool being louder than most other cars at car meets. Now, though, it's become a real PITA. I generally get home very late and I feel like I'm waking up all of my neighbors. I set off my girlfriend's neighbors' car alarms whenever I go over there for anything. I can't really talk in my car because of the drone.

I basically kind of want my car to sound... normal? Not as quiet as stock, but not like this. Anyone else change their mind about being loud like me?

·
Registered
242 Posts
I agree with you. My Evo VIII was obnoxiously loud. When I turned the car on the dishes inside would rattle and the neighbors weren't too thrilled rolling home at 2-3 am. I have the Greddy SE on now and love it because there is zero drone and if a cop is behind me I can drive the car where he would never even know i had aftermarket exhaust (minus the way it looks), but at WOT it sounds like a sex and is loud imo.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Not lound like ur setup but I had invidia n1 exhaust it was good for maybe 2 days it was loud for me so sold it and bought greddy tic it was good for 8 months or so.. It started to get too loud for me.. Right now I have Hks legamax with mid pipe and it's too quiet.. I miss invidia exhaust now..

·
aka DolEvoX
1,554 Posts
I'm starting to consider buying a quiet exhaust.

I have the Tomei right now. Before I had the Blitz, which was quiet. I also have the AMS test pipe, widemouth downpipe, and 272/272 cams.

Before I loved the noise. It was cool setting off car alarms. It was cool being louder than most other cars at car meets. Now, though, it's become a real PITA. I generally get home very late and I feel like I'm waking up all of my neighbors. I set off my girlfriend's neighbors' car alarms whenever I go over there for anything. I can't really talk in my car because of the drone.

I basically kind of want my car to sound... normal? Not as quiet as stock, but not like this. Anyone else change their mind about being loud like me?

LOVE MY TOMEI AND DONT WANT ANYTHING ELSE!!!

I also have an 02 accord for a daily so theres no issue with being obnoxious unless I really want to be while in the evo :innocent:

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
drive faster and you will out run the sound :p
but i have the atp downpipe and catdelete and buschur racing true loud catback and i cant talk in my car either cant hear my sub either unless iam at the stop light but i only drive my car once twice a week no longer a DD if it was my dd i would have to wear ear plugs i think

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
T1R has a good note to it and is not loud. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
I'm not sure if it would mess up your tune but you could get silencers made...
edit: my Agency power exhaust came with them... not that I use them.

·
Registered
934 Posts
I have an ETS V2 catback, test pipe and O2 dump on my FP Red. I like the sound under WOT but cruising on the highway is so annoying because of all the drone. I've been thinking about getting a different cat back.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
I went from Ultimate Racing TBE with Test Pipe to Resonated Test Pipe to Mini Muffler Test Pipe. The Mini Muffler Test Pipe really reduced the droning in the cabin when decelerating. I am finally happy with my set up; still sounds like sex druing WOT. :D

·
Cunning Linguist
12,363 Posts
Amuse's exhaust is quiet. ANd maybe you could find the ARC exhaust somewhere, it's quiet too. Or the Greddy SE, though it's only 2.75". I'm just mentioning JDM possibilities.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
I painted my silencer black on my Cobalt SS Turbo. Can't even see it.
I never even thought to paint them :duh:

I went from Ultimate Racing TBE with Test Pipe to Resonated Test Pipe to Mini Muffler Test Pipe. The Mini Muffler Test Pipe really reduced the droning in the cabin when decelerating. I am finally happy with my set up; still sounds like sex druing WOT. :D
Hmmm... might look up this mini muffler test pipe. Does it affect performance? By that I mean drastically, if I loose 5hp I'm going to survive.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
^No loss in performance. The Mini Muffler is still 3" all the way through. No loss of spool what so ever. My cabin def got quieter after I installed it. I just wished I bought this from the start instead of spending all the extra :$: on the other test pipes :duh:.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
who makes the mini muffler?

1 - 20 of 76 Posts