Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New additions. For some reason cant figure out how to embed the larger versions...sorry.

Attachments

·
Registered
404 Posts
looks good:thumbup:

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks...Added another pic

·
Registered
823 Posts
How was the fitment/install on the JDP lip? I've been wanting one, going back and forth over which design, and I think this is my choice, but I was worried about how much drilling and hacking I would have to do to get it installed.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Fitment on both were spot on. The sides use the same bolt pattern as the OEM sides. I did drill an additional hole because I wanted a little more support.

The JDP lip is very strong and looks like there was alot of attention to detail. Happy with both.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
JDP engineering makes the lip.

Chargespeed makes its own stuff but is a Japanese Co so have to find an importer. I went through Vivid Racing. Have actually had these peices sitting around for a while and had not installed them until recently.

Next up...more aggressive wheels.

·
Banned
1,821 Posts
if only there was some sort of guy that makes carbon fiber
that could take that same skirting idea
but do it out of a flexible base and better carbon
and make it in the US
and for half the price

if only...

·
Registered
219 Posts
if only there was some sort of guy that makes carbon fiber
that could take that same skirting idea
but do it out of a flexible base and better carbon
and make it in the US
and for half the price

if only...
The main reason I don't go for exterior cf bits is because they seem far too brittle/fragile for a dd and the fact that it yellows after a year.

What would a flexible base involve?

·
Registered
241 Posts
How was the fitment/install on the JDP lip? I've been wanting one, going back and forth over which design, and I think this is my choice, but I was worried about how much drilling and hacking I would have to do to get it installed.
yeah same here....im thinking of getting there do luck lip 2x2 weave soon!

·
Cunning Linguist
12,363 Posts
JDP is just above mediocre. I put them below APR and above Rexpeed/Blacktop Aero. I had one of their lips back in 2008-09, well before they got truly established. Fitment wasn't perfect and the lip yellowed in under a year, even though my car is garaged. I had a V-Style after that. Fitment wasn't very good, but it didn't yellow very quickly, if at all really, but it got snapped in half by a deer.

After that I had the APR and I loved it. It's the only US carbon I'd buy. My body shop commented on how perfectly it fit and how high the quality was. It never yellowed.

Now I have a Varis/Runduce front end, it's not carbon. It has carbon accents on the sides, and I have a Varis carbon hood. You can't come near the quality of Varis carbon, though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts