Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just giving you guys a heads up looks like within the next 7-10 days Jestrtuning will have a full flash ready for the Evo X . We'll be using my car to get things going and I say within a week or so he'll be ready for everyone else . This flash is to proprietary to Jestrtuning.com for those of you that are not a familiar with Jestrtuning they have been around for years now tuning DSM's and Evo's with great success . For those that have been asking why I have not yet tuned my car , wait until Jestr gets it dailed in on my car and you'll see why I've waited sooooo long :shades:

I'll be sure to post more info as I get it in .

Frank

·
Registered
601 Posts
Is this going to be like a Cobb AccessPort deal or a piggy back like Vishnu? Or is this going to be send your ECU to the to get it tuned type of a deal?

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is this going to be like a Cobb AccessPort deal or a piggy back like Vishnu? Or is this going to be send your ECU to the to get it tuned type of a deal?

This will be a 100% flash just like many have been doing for years with the Evo 8's and 9's . No piggie back just a full flash with complete ECU control . You will be able to send him your ECU and have it flashed with no other work with wires or anything of the sort .

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So its something other than Ecutek? Their own version perhaps?

OK , Ecutek has its own maps which it uses . The Jestrtuning flash actually write information to the stock ECU giving complete control over it . Good question for your first post :popcorn:

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can't wait. Any estimate on the price range?

not sure yet , my guess is about the same going rate he has for other Evos ? It could be a bit more because of the work thats gone into writing the program but I really cannot say for sure .

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
So he won't be using the EcuTek software then to write his flashes to the ECU. Will he be using an alpha or beta version of Ecuflash for the X?

·
Registered
949 Posts
I love Jester, but unfortunately we cant post his web address here because he isnt an authorized vendor. Tell John to email me though, I would very much like to see him join this community.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So he won't be using the EcuTek software then to write his flashes to the ECU. Will he be using an alpha or beta version of Ecuflash for the X?

John writes his own programs . He actually used my car and extracted the factory ECU information and used that to write his own .

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
John writes his own programs . He actually used my car and extracted the factory ECU information and used that to write his own .
Nice, that's what I wanted to hear. If that's the case it sounds like he really knows his stuff. I can't wait to see what he comes up with.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
if the guy can do his own software programming, he must also be one helluva tuner.

why do you think I've been waiting for the last 3 months to run my 10 second past ? I know I did the right thing in waiting , you'll just have to trust me on that one for now ...

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
my friend got his evo viii tuned through jestr using the subsrciption service and he did a really good job with emailing him back a new adjusted map. It made a big improvement in his car. I have been waiting for the open ecu to come out or something like jestr offers. SO this good news for me

·
Registered
535 Posts
My car is tuned with non-Ecutek software. One local tuner is able to download, edit and upload back the ECU code.
He gave me a light tune for free as teaser and recently came up with a full version. His car is making 380 hp at crank (Bosch dyno) with just a filter and IC piping.
I'm going to get my full version soon.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
My car is tuned with non-Ecutek software. One local tuner is able to download, edit and upload back the ECU code.
He gave me a light tune for free as teaser and recently came up with a full version. His car is making 380 hp at crank (Bosch dyno) with just a filter and IC piping.
I'm going to get my full version soon.
Nice.:thumbup:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts