Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my red last month yay!

Goal for this car is to have a 400whp plus and to put this fat b**ch into diet!

This is the list to get to support the red turbo

Supporting Mods:
-AMS Widemouth DP
-Speed Circuit TP
-AEM Wideband UEGO
-DW injectors 1000cc
-Kelford bs w/ Springs
-Drop in piston and Rods
-Spec 3 Clutch
- Upgraded WGA Blouch or Forge

I'm I missing anything? If I am please comment and I would like the opinion of others that have this turbo as well thanks for viewing.

·
Registered
282 Posts
What drops in pistons and rods are you going with and any reason why? lots of guys here run this set up with stock block?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fuel Pump
I would go with a Twin Disc instead of a Spec Stage 3
Change Kelford to GSC Stage 2

Again just all my opinion.
I see that is some good selection of parts although I see most guys running kelfords and cossie with springs. As far as twin disk such as Exedy I heard it put alot of strain in the Clutch master cylinder thus snapping it in half. Spec 3 looks good for the price and I see people like hollywood using it although I might change that whenever I get more cash.

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
Yes... but it depends on what you have right now. If you have a 3" intake that just has a step down coupler between the last pipe and your turbo, you just need a 3" straight coupler.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes I would. You will easily out flow the stock one.

Get the Speed Circuit one and have them send a 3" coupler instead of the Tapered one. :)
Ok, I see thanks for the help man I just ordered a speed circuit test pipe and that might be the next order for next month. Right now I'm in the process of buying all the supporting mods for the FP red.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I got about 17000 miles on the engine and yes I'll be running pump gas. I'm looking at 400+ 25psi or below w/ cams.I've read some owner with bent rods or pistons with holes in them I just thought that it would help to start freash. I guess I'm just paranoid and wanted to make sure the engine is good to go, but I think I'll just leave it as it for now till I get the money to build the engine.

·
Premium Member
11,760 Posts
^^ Why not go above 8K with cams and springs? Is it because he's gonna keep the stock rods/internals for now?

1 - 20 of 59 Posts