·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
JUN 2.2L stroker kit for evo x for sale
$5,500.00
FREE GROUND SHIPPING IN USA ONLY except alaska and hawaii
please email me at [email protected]
This Custom Kit for 4B11 expands engine displacement by enlarged bore and stroker. The engine displacement is 2188cc.
The JUN Custom Kit provides more power and torque capabilities of your Stroker Assemblies - Includes the Billet Crankshaft, the C-Series Piston Kit, and the I-beam Connecting rods. The lightweight, high strength, and rate of balance of those parts are improving. The high response is offered. You can use broadly in various fields as circuit, drag race etc.
This Custom Kit EX 2.2L will be able to build the engine that a start to the high rotation is very quick because it is shorter than 2.3L kit which we already released on the market.

Attachments

·
Registered
614 Posts
Have to admit I don't really understand the point of stroker kits. For a lot of money you get 10% increase in displacement, which will probably give you 10% increase in hp. For a lot less money you could beef up the stock internals, retune, and get huge increases in power. I'm obviously missing something here - can someone enlighten me on the point of stroker kits and rebores?

·
[Detailing Moderator], [Local Team Mod], [Bone Clo
21,477 Posts
Have to admit I don't really understand the point of stroker kits. For a lot of money you get 10% increase in displacement, which will probably give you 10% increase in hp. For a lot less money you could beef up the stock internals, retune, and get huge increases in power. I'm obviously missing something here - can someone enlighten me on the point of stroker kits and rebores?
I've never done a stroker kit, but would it really be an increase in power directly proportionate to the increase in displacement? I assume with the stroker kit this is also a set of uprated internals allowing you to tune much more than a 10% increase.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
well wouldn't a larger displacement engine also spool the turbo quicker allowing for a larger turbo to spool faster, causing boost lower in the rev range?

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Stroker kits increase power right of the bat, nothing else considered. There is no replacement for displacement as the V8 guys like to say. It will move more air throughout rev range so yes, turbos will spool earlier on a bigger motor. A 35R on a 2.2 stroker will spool similar to the stock turbo on the standard stroke .

You might say "Hell why doesnt everyone stroke their motor?" (I know what you're thinking, Stop it) The downside of stroking a motor is you cant rev the motor as high due to adding more internal moving mass. The motion of the piston back and forth at 9k rpm and the stress associated with that motion is substantial. Making that connecting rod a half pound heavier (because now its longer) and moving it at 9k rpm puts more stress on the rod bolts, the rod itself, crankshaft, etc.

So the bottom line is a 2.2 stroker will yield more bottom end grunt while sacrificing top end zip. A 35R on a 2.2 will make power, ,sooner, over a wider "power band" than a 35R on the standard 2.0 but will likely not have the higher peak hp number than a 2.0 would. Running a real big turbo like a T88 or 42R would not be wise on a stroker because the high RPM required to flow enough air to see the turbo really shine would not be able to be achieved. Not safely and reliably anyway.

Strokers are good road race motors while built 2.0 liters are better drag motors. It all comes down to what you plan to use your car for.

OP, sorry for the informative vomit in this post but it sounded like there are some people posting in here without the slightest clue. Plus, free bump for you. Seems like you are selling lots of high end parts right now. Build plans change or get into financial bind or what?

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Stroker kits increase power right of the bat, nothing else considered. There is no replacement for displacement as the V8 guys like to say. It will move more air throughout rev range so yes, turbos will spool earlier on a bigger motor. A 35R on a 2.2 stroker will spool similar to the stock turbo on the standard stroke .

You might say "Hell why doesnt everyone stroke their motor?" (I know what you're thinking, Stop it) The downside of stroking a motor is you cant rev the motor as high due to adding more internal moving mass. The motion of the piston back and forth at 9k rpm and the stress associated with that motion is substantial. Making that connecting rod a half pound heavier (because now its longer) and moving it at 9k rpm puts more stress on the rod bolts, the rod itself, crankshaft, etc.

So the bottom line is a 2.2 stroker will yield more bottom end grunt while sacrificing top end zip. A 35R on a 2.2 will make power, ,sooner, over a wider "power band" than a 35R on the standard 2.0 but will likely not have the higher peak hp number than a 2.0 would. Running a real big turbo like a T88 or 42R would not be wise on a stroker because the high RPM required to flow enough air to see the turbo really shine would not be able to be achieved. Not safely and reliably anyway.

Strokers are good road race motors while built 2.0 liters are better drag motors. It all comes down to what you plan to use your car for.

OP, sorry for the informative vomit in this post but it sounded like there are some people posting in here without the slightest clue. Plus, free bump for you. Seems like you are selling lots of high end parts right now. Build plans change or get into financial bind or what?
thanks for your bump
no change in my plans
these parts was used for the sema show and instead of shipping it back to japan we just kept it here and sell it here to save on shipping and duties.

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
Well, if this goes down some more, I may have the money sometime soon. I would love to have this. I just gotta save some more.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts