Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bought this beautiful gal. She is amazing except she is on wheel spacers. I have heard alot about they can go wrong. How could i replace the wheel spacer but still keep the wheels how they look now. I don't know anything about wheel spacers and offset. HELP?!

Attachments

·
Registered
397 Posts
Easy answer.. you can't.

You can take the spacers off, but it will move the wheels closer to the inside of the car, obviously. So, you have three options:

1. Take the spacers off, wheels sink back in
2. Buy new wheels with a better offset
3. Leave as is. Haha.

Spacers arent that bad as long as they are quality spacers. You shouldn't have too many issues. If you want to buy new wheels with a better offset, then I would just leave the setup as is and save up the money for what you want.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The plan i was thinking of was to take the wheel spacers off and replace with some aftermarket wheels. I just don't know what to do with the offset. The stock wheels come with a +38 offset and the wheel spacers i believe are 20mm. What offset for wheels would i look for to try and recreate this look?

·
Registered
397 Posts
The plan i was thinking of was to take the wheel spacers off and replace with some aftermarket wheels. I just don't know what to do with the offset. The stock wheels come with a +38 offset and the wheel spacers i believe are 20mm. What offset for wheels would i look for to try and recreate this look?
Guys run anything from +15 to +25. I don't know how much you know about offset numbers.. but the lower the number, the farther it sticks out. So, +15 would be further our from under the car than the +25.

You have the stock +38 plus a 20mm spacer, so you're technically around a +18 or so. So +20 would be about what you would want.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guys run anything from +15 to +25. I don't know how much you know about offset numbers.. but the lower the number, the farther it sticks out. So, +15 would be further our from under the car than the +25.

You have the stock +38 plus a 20mm spacer, so you're technically around a +18 or so. So +20 would be about what you would want.

Yes thank you. I dont know anything about fitment. With evrything ive done being more focused on getting higher hp. I appreciate your help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Spacers arent that awful as long as they are quality spacers. You shouldn't have an excessive number of issues. On the off chance that you need to purchase new wheels with a superior balance, at that point I would simply leave the arrangement with no guarantees and set aside up the cash for what you need Kodi nox .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts