Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up fellas,

As some of you know I sold my evo & have been carless the last few months. I have finally saved up enough money & went out & purchased a 335xi Alpine White, M Sports Package, Premium Package, Heated Seats, Navigation, AWD of course, Manual, Black Leather Interior. Car is a 2011 & I wont see it for 6-8 weeks since it is being built & I'm getting it brand new. I am super excited to see what this thing is capable of! I am in the process of purchasing all my mods already....Intake, Full Exhaust, Tune & Meth Kit. Hoping to see upwards of 380whp 425-450 wtq, the single turbo engine which they only have in the new ones now makes less power than the twin turbo by a solid 70whp with the same mods :(, but w/e it is what it is I will 100% be doing the turbo & making this car a monster :)

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
maybe I missed it, but if you're making a monster, why sell the evo? Just wanted a nicer interior?

·
Registered
10,095 Posts
If I recall correctly, and I'm not going to go searching, but I think he had a stock block + FP Red, and was sad he couldn't make more power, or something. That and the fact the Evo is a piece of shit that happens to be fast.

I question how far you'd be able to push a 335's stock block. And I can only imagine the cost of building a BMW block would be a lot higher than the Evo.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
If I recall correctly, and I'm not going to go searching, but I think he had a stock block + FP Red, and was sad he couldn't make more power, or something. That and the fact the Evo is a piece of shit that happens to be fast.

I question how far you'd be able to push a 335's stock block. And I can only imagine the cost of building a BMW block would be a lot higher than the Evo.
honestly I don't hear of many guys blowing or building those motors. Seems like once they get into the mid to high 500's the owner become complacent.

·
Registered
365 Posts

My buddy was pushing 450-470~WHP with no problems. Again his was a 335i not a Xi.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
stock n54 block is very strong. you can easily get to 500awhp with meth and bolt ons. are you going custom tune or vishnu. w.e you do dont get the jb3. its garbage. a bunch of my buddies have modded n54's so i kinda know whatsup. i can show you vids of how they doo against bolt on evos

·
[X Performance Mod], [Racing Mod], [Local Team Mem
11,761 Posts
A diesel engine would also mean forged internals, which is even more reliable from a power standpoint.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I already ordered all my mods haha, I wont have the car for 6-8 weeks. The cost of all the bolt ons is going to be like 4K. No turbo out yet for this car. In regards to me wanting more power that is not the case, the evo tranny is garbage & my synchros were going along with the fact I had 10 other things go wrong so I said F it n sold it as well as bought a house. The bmw motor is dumb strong, its not the N54 which sucks but supposedly can handle some power. Im looking to make upwards of 500whp in it yet maintain 500wtq :) we shall see what happens & I will let you guys know how it goes as i progress the build. I will probably break it in a thousand miles before I put the mods on. Biggest thing for me was the luxury factory my G had which I missed so much. I loved the rawness of the evo & how it screams drive me, but the refinement & smooth power the bmw offers is amazing.

Mods:

4" AR Down Pipe
drop in filter
intake scoops
vishnu methanol injection
procede tune (vishnu)
Helix 4" FMIC anodized black
Exhaust- TBD
Turbo- TBD

Should make between 375-380 whp & 425-450 wtq.

·
Registered
219 Posts
335xi interior is very nice especially compared to our cars. However, the xi other than straight line drives like an absolute pig. I traded cars with my room mate for a week and just commuting no ones gonna notice but as soon as you go on a canyon run it's pretty disappointing. The N54 is a beast though, very linear power.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts