Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased an 08 white evo x in jersey, has some mods, I found a pic of my car yesterday on this site, was hoping I could get some help on who owned it before me and if it's tuned and so forth. Wanting to tune it in KY but want
To know what I am working with first( fuel, turbo, etc). Thanks ! I'll get pics up
Quickly. Heres a brief description, 08 wicked white EvoX, gsr, carbon trunk and hood, rota black 5 spoke wheels with red stripe on outer diameter, 265 hankook tires, eibach springs, artisan exhaust, AMS inter cooler, pipes, intake and down pipe. Inter cooler pipes and valve cover painted burgundy color. Aquamist meth/h20 injection. Black and white leathershift boot, with weighted knob. Kinda long.

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
If you can find the pic, you can see the member name. Click and you can see all his old posts. Of course this may scare you also if he was having problems and dumped it. If he posted pics he probably posted more details in here and you can probably find out the stuff you want to know.

·
Registered
680 Posts
It's definitely has some sort of tune (I hope) since it has a meth injection and a decent amount of mods.

·
Registered
199 Posts
did you get this from dz motors or ds motors? in rahway or something? it also has meth injection no ? i think it was making 415 to the wheels on meth, tuned by ivey tune out of linden, give him a call i think its the car im thinking of, pm me if you need any more info.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found it... Belonged to member -evolved boost- . Found list of mods and such. FP red turbo have any markings? Has anyone tuned with an AMS intake and HKS Bov? My guy here in KY( very reputable) says its a pain? Any thoughts? I got car from dz motors in NJ. Had to put a clutch and tires on it. Don't think meth works either. Remove it?

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I found it... Belonged to member -evolved boost- . Found list of mods and such. FP red turbo have any markings? Has anyone tuned with an AMS intake and HKS Bov? My guy here in KY( very reputable) says its a pain? Any thoughts? I got car from dz motors in NJ. Had to put a clutch and tires on it. Don't think meth works either. Remove it?
Your crazy man, if the car is already tuned by Ivey and its running in parameters why change anything... Iveys tunes are some of the best in the country IMO.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You maybe right, but car doesn't idle well, and meth is not working. I don't want to chance any problems. The car a now has 32000 miles, and was sold with 20000 or so. Is there a time table on the tunes? Necessary updates or anything of the nature?

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Stupid Question - Did you visually inspect the meth reservoir to see if you had any left?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You maybe right, but car doesn't idle well, and meth is not working. I don't want to chance any problems. The car a now has 32000 miles, and was sold with 20000 or so. Is there a time table on the tunes? Necessary updates or anything of the nature?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Depending on how the meth system is wired, your car may have map switching enabled. The map switching can be wired to be automatic OR by use of the cruise control button (search tephramod for more info). Also, your aquamist meth system is tied to Injector Duty Cycle (IDC) so it will only spray when the threshold IDC % is seen by the ECU. Definitely contact the previous tuner if possible.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Not just timing, probably boost as well.

Best thing you could do is get the car to a shop to inspect and retune(Ivey would be best as he already knows etc.) until that happens basically you could be driving a ticking time bomb. Mostly if you have been running a map for meth, but not actually getting the meth to the engine... No bueno

·
Vendor
292 Posts
I know the car. It made 470+ on our dyno and that was years ago. I have not seen that car in a long time maybe over 2 yrs. These days I cannot say for certain our tune is still in the car.
Other than the car coming to us we can't do muc with it. Best bet find a local expert who can help you sort it out. I would advise on the aquamist kit, check it for leaks at all fittings and move from there.

Sean

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Believe it or not, the car runs great!(with exception of rich idle, which caused my concern initally) I had the clutch put in 4000 miles ago. I have not had any problems whatsoever with runability. Spools up fast, pulls hard, no shakes, detonation, or anything. The ASC light comes on at high boost, but no issues( I consider myself lucky after talking with you guys). Wont be driving anymore until retuned. Talked with a local tuner today(reputable), will keep everyone updated with the progress of the retune/ de-meth program. I am thinking of going with an E85 setup. Anyone familiar with how these cars act on alcohol?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just Re-Tuned with E85!

Got the car tuned today by Adam Blevins of the Louisville area. E85 tune, FIC 1100CC injectors, removed Aquamist setup, lowered boost to 26PSI, and it made 403AWHP on a Mustang Dyno. Ill have the sheets up shortly(once I learn how to do it, I am not computer savvy). Thanks for everyones help!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.