Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!

I just wanted to introduce myself as I am new to the forums, although I have been lurking in the shadows these past few months.

In June 2011 I purchased my first Mitsubishi vehicle. A new 2011 tarmac black pearl Lancer GTS CVT with the navigation and touring packages from Tom Masano Mitsubishi in Reading, PA. In September a friend helped me install a few simple mods to the car that I purchased new from Amazon including a K&N CAI and a Borla axle back exhaust. I loved my GTS but realized I could have even more with a Ralliart or Evo. I had considered a Ralliart at the time of the GTS but decided not to get one. Before the GTS I owned a 2009 Honda Civic EX Sedan w/navi and prior to that I owned a 2008 Honda Civic EX coupe w/navi. Sadly, I lost some money as I decided to trade in the GTS with the OEM parts along with my aftermarket parts. Plus I had paid $880 for 4 new Continental ExtremeContact DWS last November. I did keep the all weather Lancer floor mats they gave me for "free" last year as I knew I could reuse those in my Evo.

This past Saturday, I returned to Masano, only to trade in my GTS for a new 2011 wicked white metallic Evo MR with touring, premium, and interior sport packages in addition to wheel locks and side wind deflectors. The car had 42 miles on it when I picked it up. I will be returning to Tom Masano's in a few weeks as I decided to have them install the MMCS unit as I was so used to having it in my GTS, I miss it in my Evo. I just installed a new K&N drop in air filter in my Evo and that's the only mod (if you want to call it that) I will be doing at this time. I had a new K&N filter in box that I bought when I had my GTS but never used it before until now.

I live in northeastern, PA (Wilkes-Barre/Scranton area) and am friends and former co-workers with Chaos on the forums. I was happy to pretty much have deal finalized with Tom Masano last week as it is about a 2 hour drive to the dealership from my home so it was one of the fastest and easiest transactions I ever did. I can't say I miss my GTS, although I did love it compared to my Civic. The only thing I do miss is the MPGs as I have a 30 mile drive to work, one way, 5 days a week but in the end I knew I was getting the Evo for the performance, thrills, and huge smile on my face when I plop down into those comfy Recaro's and hear the exhaust note after starting the engine each morning.

·
[Team IEG VP]
10,071 Posts
That's exactly what I did, just 4 years ago.

Needed a new car and went with the GTS as I always had liked the evo's but was thinking it wasn't smart for me to buy one at 23. Then they finally released the X and about 5months after I purchased my GTS I upgraded to an X. I even had them swap the MMCS from my GTS to the GSR as part of the deal.

You'll love it! grats on the purchase.

EDIT
holy shit I just realized I've had my car for 4 years. Can't believe this car is 4 years old, still LOVE it.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Welcome to the family :)

That includes the good, bad and the ugly! This is a great forum / community, with a ton of great information.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Welcome again tithe Mitsubishi family. I am glad Mitsu has expanded the amount and quality of their offerings over the years, but you will love your EVO. I LOVE my MR as well: more than any car I have ever owned.

Keep us posted!

·
Registered
205 Posts
And now for the bad news!

Your warranty was gone when you drove it out of the dealers parking lot.

Kidding! Well kind of.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Nice.... Scranton Here, You guys gotta get your Butts to some NEPA Autox's this year.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Well that's a no brainier jump. Welcome and enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Jazzberg

Yea, I remember we talked about that last year as I had a post up regarding NEPA Evo owners.

I will definitely go. Please shoot me pm with info when they start or where to look.

I will get the noob to go as well.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Nice to hear and welcome
I as well purchased my 2011 ww mr this past months
and the car came with a aem intake ,)
^^

·
Registered
205 Posts
Met up with Gozen tonight to check out the new ride. Very nice to say the least, you can't go wrong with WW and the leather gut is killer.

Once you break it we are racing for pinks :) Kidding! I do not believe our financial institutions would take kindly to such actions. (Closed course mind you as we do not tolerate street racing)

PS: :ttiwwp:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.