Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if K&N is making a replacement filter for the X? The official site shows a "2008 RS 2.0 turbo" listed under Lancer. I am not wanting to spend $125 for the Works filter nor, do I want to switch to a cone. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Does anyone know if K&N is making a replacement filter for the X? The official site shows a "2008 RS 2.0 turbo" listed under Lancer. I am not wanting to spend $125 for the Works filter nor, do I want to switch to a cone. Thanks for your help.
Just measure the stock filter and find a K&N universal filter with the same dimensions ... http://www.knfilters.com/universal/universal.htm

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am not really comfortable with the open cone or snorkel intakes as they increase the possibility of unwanted moisture or debris getting into the engine. Hydrolock or heatsoak are also possibilities. I think that there are lots of fantastic mods to be made on our cars,however, I will rely mostly on the millions of R/D that mitsu has spent on the design of the X.

·
Registered
949 Posts
I am not really comfortable with the open cone or snorkel intakes as they increase the possibility of unwanted moisture or debris getting into the engine. Hydrolock or heatsoak are also possibilities. I think that there are lots of fantastic mods to be made on our cars,however, I will rely mostly on the millions of R/D that mitsu has spent on the design of the X.

Word brother! I agree. It was proven, several times, in the VIII and IX that the drop in filters are better then the cone type. I am betting the same will be true for the X.

·
Registered
605 Posts
The K&N was about the same price with the my 8 when it first came out. Once you start having options the price starts to go down alittle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.