Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have had a Beta set of K-sport Kontrol pro Coil overs on Her for a while. The car is much less top-heavy feeling and more contolled and agile. I will be driving it with these next weekend at the local NASA event an I'll do more of a write-up afterwards. I will say that it already feels significantly better and the pricing will make these hot!

Tony

·
Registered
389 Posts
is it DD recomened or track use? im sure you know what i mean.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
is it DD recomened or track use? im sure you know what i mean.

The Kontrol Pro Line from Ksport is intended for the serious street driver and occasional weekend track day.

Ksports has other lines that are more track specific.

here is a write up from one of the guys @ AGP Turbo regarding the Ksports

"
Let me start off by saying that the Mitsubishi EVO X is awesome car, capable of making normal drivers look like great drivers ( or at least post good lap times!). Being one of the first shops to own an EVO X, we were curious how it would do on the race track. At the local NASA time attack, the turned a lap time only 1 second slower than a modified EVO 8 driver by the same driver on the same tires. The EVO 8 was lighter and making more power, and had upgraded brakes and Ksport Kontrol Pro suspension. One thing we noticed is the X was suffering from massive body roll in the corners. The driver commented that the car was “scraping door handles”. After some thought, we offered the EVO X to Ksport to prototype their Kontrol Pro suspension to help eliminate the unnecessary body motion. A few weeks later with the new coilovers installed, we took the EVO X back to the track to evaluate the difference.

Just driving around town the car felt better, with sharper responses, and a flatter stance while cornering. The car looks good too, as the car sits much lower to the ground. The lower height didn’t have much effect on the ride, EVO’s ride stiff from the factory, and honestly the car still soaked up the bumps and potholes around town. The car went back to the track on another NASA test and tune day, while there were not any timed sessions, we could run the car hard and evaluate the suspension.

Let me state again, an EVO X makes a regular guy look great on the track. The Ksports were an awesome addition, the car simply cornered much flatter around the track, weight transfer was much less noticeable, and transitioned smoother. While not a race set up, the Ksport Kontrol Pros definitely made a difference in the way the car went around a corner…………… "

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.