Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

As the title suggests, for a while now I have been getting a distinct metallic sound like stones in a metal can, for a few seconds after I start the car and put it into motion. This sound probably lasts for 10-20 seconds, after which i do not hear it until the next cold start. Sound emanates from the rear, and I first thought it was a faulty exhaust fixing.

Given the nature of the occurance, I take it that the sound comes from some sort of pump, etc. or temporary device, but is the sound itself normal?

I have been hearing this sound last few months, and no doubt the car seems to be running just fine. But I'd like to know if this is something that I should get the factory to look at whilst it is still under warranty??

My car is the SST equipped model.

Thanks in advance,

Farhad.

ps I did do an internet search, but didnt think the posts were addressing a similar sound.

·
Registered
9,566 Posts
dont bumb take it in if it worries you. Many of us are noticing tha mitsubishi included a little drummer in our transmissions for cold start entertainment and overall fear. Some say its normal. Im going to bring it up at the next oil change.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts