Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2010 GSR
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 1 key for my newly aquired X. It is coded to ignition, but not to the lock/unlock etc. I also purchased a blank key which I had cut, but yet to be coded to ignition.

My issue is: I've been trying to pair them to the power locks so I don't have to keep inserting the key into the lock cylinder to unlock etc.

I've tried to the key one clock on - 1-4 pin jump - followed by hitting the hazard switch 6 times - lock button 3x's - etc (as laid out in the main post when you search) and that hasn't been successful. Tried multiple times, and with different methods. Tried with a paperclip, tried with a spare wire, tried making a dummy dongle from an old obd2 dongle with the 1 - 4 pin jumped and no other pins inserted.

I looked under the dash and the 1 port doesn't appear to have a wire running into it. Is there another way of doing this?

Or anyone Trisate/NYC area that knows how to and can assist?

2010 GSR

· Registered
26 Posts
I have 1 key for my newly aquired X. It is coded to ignition, but not to the lock/unlock etc. I also purchased a blank key which I had cut, but yet to be coded to ignition.

My issue is: I've been trying to pair them to the power locks so I don't have to keep inserting the key into the lock cylinder to unlock etc.

I've tried to the key one clock on - 1-4 pin jump - followed by hitting the hazard switch 6 times - lock button 3x's - etc (as laid out in the main post when you search) and that hasn't been successful. Tried multiple times, and with different methods. Tried with a paperclip, tried with a spare wire, tried making a dummy dongle from an old obd2 dongle with the 1 - 4 pin jumped and no other pins inserted.

I looked under the dash and the 1 port doesn't appear to have a wire running into it. Is there another way of doing this?

Or anyone Trisate/NYC area that knows how to and can assist?

2010 GSR
Have you looked into local locksmith guys that can program your key issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts