Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had springs installed a few weeks ago and I think it was around then that I noticed a knocking sound coming from behind the dash/engine compartment area. It's only at low speeds (like 5-10 in a parking lot), more noticeable in turns, and isn't there on a cold start. It only happens after I've been driving for at least 20 minutes. So yesterday, I drove around all day and then heard it when I came home. Went inside for an hour and came back out and it was still there. Went somewhere else and the car was sitting for a few hours and then the noise was gone on the way home. Could it be my AC? Everything else is stock except springs and short shifter and Stage 1 AP. Do stock sways "walk"?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright, I'll work on the video but it might be tough to pick up on cell phone video. It's kinda like someone tapping their ring on the window and a relatively slow interval. Just weird that it never happens on the cold start.

Stock lugs on the wheels. They're swift springs, so I shouldn't have to worry about bump stops or any of those spacers from the factory. Strut bolts are checked and they're fine.

·
Registered
138 Posts
The sound you described sounds like the bov is hitting the strut tower brace...had the same thing happen when I installed my intake. Just a thought...

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Vee

Dee

Ooh
And here I was, just having read Jordan's inspiring story about Lallen as the knight in shining armor, thinking that you had turned the corner towards a gentle and empathetic soul! Maybe it's just me? What does Jordan have that I don't?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And here I was, just having read Jordan's inspiring story about Lallen as the knight in shining armor, thinking that you had turned the corner towards a gentle and empathetic soul! Maybe it's just me? What does Jordan have that I don't?
Come to MD and help me with my video???

·
[Local Team Member], aka pimplay2
7,791 Posts
jordan has a video. you dont.

·
Registered
6,110 Posts
Come to MD and help me with my video???
You quoted yourself. My brain just shorted out & exploded.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts