Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Talon has officially stumped me. Long story as short as possible...

Replaced clutch and TOB 1k miles ago.

Last week, clutch starts to 'pop' in and out of gear and high RPM's, also feels like a sponge.

I bleed clutch. Does nothing. I adjust clutch. Does nothing.

While backing out of a parking spot last night, I hear a horrible noise, push the clutch in, and my car...continues to back up, with the clutch completely in. I get it shut off and am completely stumped.

Basically, the clutch is stuck closed, I guess is how I would put it. If I force the car into gear while its running, even with the clutch completely pressed in, it dies because it is going into gear on its own, or just not coming out of gear...this is confusing.

I thought it could possibly be the master cylinder, but there is no fluid leaking inside the car. Seems like it would be the TOB, but that is brand freaking new!!

Any ideas here people? I know that most of you know the 4g63 inside and out :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Check for leaks at the slave. Peel back the rubber boot covering the rod at the slave and you'll immediately see if it's leaking. The same with the rubber boot on the master in the interior side of the car.

When the slave or master start to leak they'll usually fill the area behind the rubber boots before it becomes visible.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LOL at you guys! Crankwalk is no more likely to affect a 6 or 7 bolt 1g as it is your moms Escalade. Crankwalk is caused by a faulty thrust bearing and/or oil squirters in the 2g's.
Symptoms of crankwalk include the pedal sticking to the floor in a hard left turn, engine rpms fluctuating with clutch pedal pressed down, a ticking noise from the timing belt area, and pedal height, pressure, and engagement constantly changing.

Funny, I could tell you everything you would want to know about crankwalk or anything else DSM related, but I can't pinpoint my clutch problem :(

·
Administrator
24,306 Posts
LOL at you guys! Crankwalk is no more likely to affect a 6 or 7 bolt 1g as it is your moms Escalade. Crankwalk is caused by a faulty thrust bearing and/or oil squirters in the 2g's.
I've heard of 1gs walking too, but not nearly as often as the 7 bolt 2gs.

I take it you have a 1g 6 bolt motor?

Symptoms of crankwalk include the pedal sticking to the floor in a hard left turn, engine rpms fluctuating with clutch pedal pressed down, a ticking noise from the timing belt area, and pedal height, pressure, and engagement constantly changing.

Funny, I could tell you everything you would want to know about crankwalk or anything else DSM related, but I can't pinpoint my clutch problem :(
lol.

So basically it's as if the clutch is never fully disengaging. Install error, perhaps?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.