Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just made an appointment with West End to do corner balancing on my X with KW V3.

Wondering who out there is running KwV3's and tracking their Evo X what settings are you running? Height damping, rebound, etc.
My evo is not a daily driver so I'm not concerned with ride comfort. I'm more concerned with performance than cushy ride or being hella low.

Thoughts suggestions...

Edit: I am also runninng a rear sway on medium setting

·
Registered
420 Posts
Ride hieght dictated somewhat by corner weighting which you should do with you and 1/2 tank in the car. On average the ride height is dropped around 1.5 -2 inch. Robert Fuller's testing showed it was better to keep close to stock rake but slight increase. He started with -2.2 f and -1 to -1.5 r camber.

For shock settings it depends on the track. In general, start with recommended settings for compression and rebound. Adjust compression first then rebound. some where, there is a setup guide for BMWs that run Konis. The KWs are similar in how they adjust so you can follow that and it work pretty well. I had it saved I will see if I can find it.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ride hieght dictated somewhat by corner weighting which you should do with you and 1/2 tank in the car. On average the ride height is dropped around 1.5 -2 inch. Robert Fuller's testing showed it was better to keep close to stock rake but slight increase. He started with -2.2 f and -1 to -1.5 r camber.

For shock settings it depends on the track. In general, start with recommended settings for compression and rebound. Adjust compression first then rebound. some where, there is a setup guide for BMWs that run Konis. The KWs are similar in how they adjust so you can follow that and it work pretty well. I had it saved I will see if I can find it.
Thanks, I made an appointment with West End Alignment for corner balance. They have an excellent reputation in Socal. I'm going to be installing the coilovers myself so I wanted it to be somewahat dialed in before I drove up there.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got the coilovers installed today... It was a PITA to get the stock top hats off. They damn bearing nut was torqued wayyy more than 15 'lbs when the drop springs were installed. Had to go to harbor freight and buy a set of offset wrenches...

Anyways got some Eibach pro springs for sale now

Enjoy the pics...

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have 10 track days on my v3's. Car is corner weighted and lowered 3/4 in. front and 1/4 in. rear. I have been on 3 different tracks and have NEVER changed the rebound/damping from the factory settings. Rear sway set to full stiff...I like to rotate! It has always felt awesome. I also run 265 R1's.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Hello everyone. I know this is off topic from the thread, but I am looking at getting a set of the kw v3 coilovers. Does anyone have a picture of their car so I can see what they look like? And what do you guys think of the coilovers? Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.