Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just thought I'd share some info if some of you guys have/had trouble with installing the LED tail lights. i didn't see a thread about it.

when you install the tail lights, do not connect the 194 plug, or else you're going to be popping fuses and get errors on your dash. just use the harness (vehicle side) to plug up the hole in the tail light. the reason for this is because the manufacturer made an error in wiring up the 194 circuit together with the main brake lights. i figured hitting the brakes was triggering a feedback/shorting out the system.

im sorry if someone already posted this

·
Registered
70 Posts
LED tail lights, HELP

I am also getting the same thing. My ACS light keeps coming on after about 10 minutes of driving. only way to get it to go away is turn the car off and restart. why is this light coming on and how do i get it to go away? I did not install the 194 plug on the outer sides, not the trunk lights. what can be happening?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Right now I only have the main brake light connection plugged in and I have 50 Watt 6 Ohm resistors on the hot and ground of the harness still getting the ACS light. I can not figure it out either.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Bump for interest...

My brake lights are no longer functioning when the pedal is engaged. I have ralliart tails on my 08 evo, and did have some issues with the install with them not working, but was fine after some fuses where switched around. Now I'm just blowing fuses left and right and am getting ASC lights when the car comes to a complete stop. The tail lights do work when the headlights are on, but either way the brake lights still don't function. Anyone have a definitive answer to these problems yet?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Bump for interest...

My brake lights are no longer functioning when the pedal is engaged. I have ralliart tails on my 08 evo, and did have some issues with the install with them not working, but was fine after some fuses where switched around. Now I'm just blowing fuses left and right and am getting ASC lights when the car comes to a complete stop. The tail lights do work when the headlights are on, but either way the brake lights still don't function. Anyone have a definitive answer to these problems yet?
If you're still having a problem with brake lights blowing fuses you have a reverse connection (hot wire touching the ground in the connection of the tail light harness to the car's harness). The ACS can be fixed by buying a resistor found here (need 2 of them one for each tail)

http://www.sourcingmap.com/aluminum...gle&utm_medium=froogle&utm_campaign=usfroogle

You have to cut the solid green wire of the car's harness and place the resistor between it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts