Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Filed under: Technology, Lamborghini
Lamborghini's Advanced Composite Research Center - Click above for high-res image gallery

Lamborghini has announced its intentions to build lighter cars, and that means more carbon fiber and carbon composites. The stampeding bull is already deep into the stuff, with the Murcielago replacement (rumored to carry the Jota name) swapping out the Murci's steel frame for one of carbon fiber, and the Gallardo LP 570-4 Superleggera winning The Biggest Loser due to its CF parts.

Getting ready for the long term and knowing it will need to do more than merely hang carbon parts on its wares, Lamborghini has opened an Advanced Composites Research Center in Sant' Agata Bolognese. The 30-strong workforce will develop new processes for designing, shaping and producing parts for the "extremely complex carbon-fiber structures" we hope to see on Lamborghini's of the future. Follow the jump for the full press release on the center.

Gallery: Lamborghini Advanced Composites Research Center

[Source: Lamborghini]
Continue reading Lamborghini announces new carbon fiber research center
Lamborghini announces new carbon fiber research center originally appeared on Autoblog on Wed, 14 Jul 2010 08:58:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi there!! I have a 2011 Lamborghini Gallardo with a carbon-fiber roof. The vehicle is space gray and I have been thinking about the Kidney grills, hood vents, and rear spoiler Lamborghini Carbon Fiber to the exterior. I am looking at doing all of these in carbon fiber.
My question is who has the best CF mods? Which one will fit and match the OEM roof?
Thanks,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts