Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I installed the Bluetooth module with steering wheel controls today and I have some good news and bad news.

First the good news.
All the harnesses are there for all the pieces, including microphone, bt module, and steering controls.

The bad news is the steering wheel controls dont work. The reason is there is a switch in the S-AWC ECU that control what type of wiring configuration is at the steering wheel. More investigation work needs to be done to determine what else will be needed to get this working. I have the bt module activated and recognized by the system, but there is no way to synch your phone to the system without the hand controls.

My other concern is the software images on the Nav system. I am assuming thats where all the voice commands are located and I am uncertain as to whether or not they are installed on that system. It may be that they arent, in which case we are barking up the wrong tree.

Anyway, I would like the purpose of this thread to be understanding what it takes to get this working.

Thanks,
Chris

·
The How-To Guy
265 Posts
nice! I suspected that we would need the volume control switch in order to work. I discussed this with Mike Evanoff at MMNA and he also suspected the same thing.

Here's the promising news...
The harness for the AWC console switch is there already! So relocating the switch to the center console is definitely a consideration. I am in the process of waiting for parts to arrive to test that out. Good work! Together, I am sure we will figure this out.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.