Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased my MR (14k Miles) and have begun to notice that the body seems to creak while driving. I can't quite locate where the sound is coming from though. I don't think its the suspension because the sound occurs while turning. I drive to work on a very bumpy road and the car won't make the sound unless I am turning. I can get it to occur if I yank the wheel slightly as well. It gets worse with a passenger too. Any ideas?

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
I just purchased my MR (14k Miles) and have begun to notice that the body seems to creak while driving. I can't quite locate where the sound is coming from though. I don't think its the suspension because the sound occurs while turning. I drive to work on a very bumpy road and the car won't make the sound unless I am turning. I can get it to occur if I yank the wheel slightly as well. It gets worse with a passenger too. Any ideas?
If you find this let me know, I have the same problem and I cannot find it. It seems to come from the passenger side front wheel area. I heard it may be the brakes but who knows. So far I have read, brakes and acorns.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, mine seems to be coming from the same area. I am not sure it can be the brakes. The sounds is emitted when I turn the car quickly or randomly. Not while I am braking. At least now I know I am not crazy! :confused2: By the way what are acorns?

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
I would check your springs to make sure there isn't anything in there. When people first started buying X's, there were many people that had styrofoam stuck in there. While this may not be the case for you guys, it does sound like there is something in the springs IMO.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I get this sound as well.

·
Registered
781 Posts
I get the creaking in the driverside front. But in my case it happens in the morning, especially after it rains. And then goes away after driving. sounds like arthritis.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll have to check out the springs. Thanks for the heads up! Also, Ill make note as to the time of day and whether or not it diminishes with drive time.

·
aka Domo X aka howiewowie
10,840 Posts
mines started to creak starting yesterday when i put in my new sway bar (front)i've never had this sound/noise before...so im thinking its possible the sway bars just need a little more lithium grease...? however, along with the creaking somethings wicked also came my way...arggghHHH!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Me too, i have a 2012 with 400 miles and already I hear sounds from the driver side doors, i know NYC highway roads are terrible, but dang, so soon? i feel like every bump on the expressway will tear up my car. can this whip last 5 years? lol

·
Registered
4,004 Posts
mines started to creak starting yesterday when i put in my new sway bar (front)i've never had this sound/noise before...so im thinking its possible the sway bars just need a little more lithium grease...? however, along with the creaking somethings wicked also came my way...arggghHHH!
Any update on the noise?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts