Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on getting some engine work/turbo kit soon and am trying to find the right injectors. I'm hoping for 550ish whp on 93 and will also get tuned on E85. I need injectors that aren't too big to run on 93, yet have the ability to push all the E85 I need. I was told the 2150's run like crap on 93 so I was looking at the FIC 1680cc. yay? nay?

·
Premium Member
11,760 Posts
I plan on getting some engine work/turbo kit soon and am trying to find the right injectors. I'm hoping for 550ish whp on 93 and will also get tuned on E85. I need injectors that aren't too big to run on 93, yet have the ability to push all the E85 I need. I was told the 2150's run like crap on 93 so I was looking at the FIC 1680cc. yay? nay?
I thought the 2150 was just hard to tune. With the min IPW patch and a good tuner, you may be able to pull it off. It will not be as smooth though IMO.

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
I know HBSPEED used to test DW1500cc. If you got tuned by them they can get you a set. But I know that DW 1300cc is the kind of in the middle set. Unless someone builds a manifold for another fuel fail to run 8 injectors and just smaller in size.

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
so no one running 93 on 2000's or higher?
Hotdog did... im sure the they idle and drive like poop...

I'll let you know in the spring when I retune the hotdogmobile...

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
spring? jesus I cant wait that long! lol so since the 1600's are poo, are the Dw1300 the next step down? or should i take my chances with some 1650s?

I just read on... another site that the FIC1680 were recalled, and the 1650's are their replacement.

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Call FIC and ask if they have a revised set...

Why do you need such large injectors for pump?

·
Registered
516 Posts
i would go with FIC, maybe 1680s?
I had them in my car and it idled fine.

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
93 and E85. The closest E85 is about an hour away so I"ll mostly be on 93 unless I"m at the track
LOL... seems like a waste of time honestly. Trust me to run E85 properly. You need to drain the tank and run E85 for at least one tank to get rid of the gasoline left over. Then fill with just E85. Seems like a pain in ass...

I have a station 30 min away and it still would be a royal pain to fill up...

·
Registered
477 Posts
The 1680s boiled fuel did they not? Also, running e85 anywhere where it gets cold is a pain in the ass too is it not? (Fluctuating ethanol percentages)

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
LOL... seems like a waste of time honestly. Trust me to run E85 properly. You need to drain the tank and run E85 for at least one tank to get rid of the gasoline left over. Then fill with just E85. Seems like a pain in ass...

I have a station 30 min away and it still would be a royal pain to fill up...

Hey don't laugh at me! :wallbash: Seriously though I was contemplating storing possibly a 55gal drum in which case I'd be running strictly E85.

Cayden2: im in south louisiana... it doesnt get too cold here

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Hey don't laugh at me! :wallbash: Seriously though I was contemplating storing possibly a 55gal drum in which case I'd be running strictly E85.

Cayden2: im in south louisiana... it doesnt get too cold here
Yeah...storing 55 gallons in a garage... might not be the smartest idea... :amen:

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I know, not in my garage. I read about that guy that blew up his garage. Ive spent a lot of time reading about storing fuel.

Being that 93 is the only readily available fuel, is meth my only other option for achieving 550+whp?

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
I know, not in my garage. I read about that guy that blew up his garage. Ive spent a lot of time reading about storing fuel.

Being that 93 is the only readily available fuel, is meth my only other option for achieving 550+whp?
Aquamist kit with Tephra failsafes should be just as safe as E85. Since E85 is really never E85 unless you can measure the alcohol content constantly. Plus E85 will store water more than gas IIRC... and the 15% gasoline used to make E85 is generally the left over crap gas...

I would never store more than 5 gallons of Methanol in my garage. Just too unpredictable...

I will be testing a Aquamist kit hopefully this winter w/ 50/50 meth... with 93 octane it should provide at least 30-70 wtq/whp gains depending on setup.

·
[Local Team Member], aka pimplay2
7,791 Posts
Aquamist kit with Tephra failsafes should be just as safe as E85. Since E85 is really never E85 unless you can measure the alcohol content constantly. Plus E85 will store water more than gas IIRC... and the 15% gasoline used to make E85 is generally the left over crap gas...

I would never store more than 5 gallons of Methanol in my garage. Just too unpredictable...

I will be testing a Aquamist kit hopefully this winter w/ 50/50 meth... with 93 octane it should provide at least 30-70 wtq/whp gains depending on setup.
you also can test it out with Snakes. Since you will be tuning him I know he is in love with meth.... if it works out for the both of you I might have to jump back on the bandwagon... v8 power meth was awesome, i am not sure about these rice mobiles

1 - 20 of 20 Posts