Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive done a ton of search but dont understand exactly what tables using ecuflash you have to tune and how to get launch control to work properly. Since i got my car modded with ets open air filter a catt delete an a crushed diverter valve i have not been able to launch it again.
I take off asc and hold for 5sec till it beeps.
then put car in s-sport i leave it in automatic
i press the brakes really hard left foot
stomp the gas pedal very fast
climbs to 5000rpms hold it for 1-2 seconds at most.
let off the brakes and car doesnt move it just revs to redline.
I have search and found you need to adjust the torque tables.
but in the sst stuff there are a bunch of torque tables which ones do i adjust and how?
thanks for helping.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ive done a ton of search but dont understand exactly what tables using ecuflash you have to tune and how to get launch control to work properly. Since i got my car modded with ets open air filter a catt delete an a crushed diverter valve i have not been able to launch it again.
I take off asc and hold for 5sec till it beeps.
then put car in s-sport i leave it in automatic
i press the brakes really hard left foot
stomp the gas pedal very fast
climbs to 5000rpms hold it for 1-2 seconds at most.
let off the brakes and car doesnt move it just revs to redline.
I have search and found you need to adjust the torque tables.
but in the sst stuff there are a bunch of torque tables which ones do i adjust and how?
thanks for helping.
Sorry to hear about your issue that def sucks. unfortunately, i cant tell u exactly what to do, given ive only tuned ecuflash on gsr manual cars. what i do know, is that the stock rom uses the regular hi/low fuel and spark tables during launch mode. Thats why you can only build 5-6psi on the oem turbo. theres basically no load on the engine at a stop, so itll never generate enough exhaust volume and velocity to get the turbine spinning any faster. i also know there are required speed minimum and tps minimums required to engage launch. it uses the clutch (brake in your case) switch and speed sensors along with the tps to know when to activate. obviously those parameters are being meant on your car, otherwise it wouldnt rev to only 5k. so something is preventing it from engaging to a forward gear when you release the brakes.

its interesting that this started after a tune for just reduced airflow restriction mods. How was it tuned? on a dyno? remotely, or like a ots rom file? If someone other than you did the tune, id call them and ask why its happening and what they changed. You could try re flashing your old tune to verify it launches properly so you know for sure its the tune and not mechanical.

im not sure why the sst tables got altered anyway. do you have any idea why that would have happened? seems like the increase in power from the mods you have, wouldnt warrant a change in the sst mapping. Are you still running stock boost and boost control? Also you said it free revs after you release the brakes. what do you do afterwards to start moving?

Is the launch issue the only problem you are having? does it run and spool up normally as well as hit all the gears like its supposed to?

My car is heavily modded with a bigger bb turbo and all the fuel and all the other supporting mods. i bought the tephra v3 mod which among other things, gives you the ability to create separate fuel and spark tables for just the launch. i set mine up to work like anti lag. i add a lot of fuel at the 5k cells, and i retarded spark timing a bunch in the same rpm row.

now it switches to those maps during launch mod, and with the retarded timing and rich afr, some of the combustion energy is allowed to escape out through the exhaust valves where it can act on the turbine wheel and increase the shaft speed, in turn producing more boost under low engine load. now i can hit 18psi on launch mode, which is night and day compared to 5-6psi. the acceleration is way crazier. i wouldnt do it on a stock sst trans, or a stock clutch gsr, but the mod is still worth getting.

good luck with it, let me know what it was when you fix it. im interested in knowing why it happened.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry to hear about your issue that def sucks. unfortunately, i cant tell u exactly what to do, given ive only tuned ecuflash on gsr manual cars. what i do know, is that the stock rom uses the regular hi/low fuel and spark tables during launch mode. Thats why you can only build 5-6psi on the oem turbo. theres basically no load on the engine at a stop, so itll never generate enough exhaust volume and velocity to get the turbine spinning any faster. i also know there are required speed minimum and tps minimums required to engage launch. it uses the clutch (brake in your case) switch and speed sensors along with the tps to know when to activate. obviously those parameters are being meant on your car, otherwise it wouldnt rev to only 5k. so something is preventing it from engaging to a forward gear when you release the brakes.

its interesting that this started after a tune for just reduced airflow restriction mods. How was it tuned? on a dyno? remotely, or like a ots rom file? If someone other than you did the tune, id call them and ask why its happening and what they changed. You could try re flashing your old tune to verify it launches properly so you know for sure its the tune and not mechanical.

im not sure why the sst tables got altered anyway. do you have any idea why that would have happened? seems like the increase in power from the mods you have, wouldnt warrant a change in the sst mapping. Are you still running stock boost and boost control? Also you said it free revs after you release the brakes. what do you do afterwards to start moving?

Is the launch issue the only problem you are having? does it run and spool up normally as well as hit all the gears like its supposed to?

My car is heavily modded with a bigger bb turbo and all the fuel and all the other supporting mods. i bought the tephra v3 mod which among other things, gives you the ability to create separate fuel and spark tables for just the launch. i set mine up to work like anti lag. i add a lot of fuel at the 5k cells, and i retarded spark timing a bunch in the same rpm row.

now it switches to those maps during launch mod, and with the retarded timing and rich afr, some of the combustion energy is allowed to escape out through the exhaust valves where it can act on the turbine wheel and increase the shaft speed, in turn producing more boost under low engine load. now i can hit 18psi on launch mode, which is night and day compared to 5-6psi. the acceleration is way crazier. i wouldnt do it on a stock sst trans, or a stock clutch gsr, but the mod is still worth getting.

good luck with it, let me know what it was when you fix it. im interested in knowing why it happened.

Thanks for getting back.
I have not tried launch control again.
I have my car tuned by chet rickerman but have not sent him logs regarding lc he said he would look into it.
Car drives great runs great it has grimmspeed ebc ets open airfilter cat delete and the tune.
Will let you know what happens when chet gets to see the logs on it.
Thanks a lot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts