Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello peeps!!

I wanted to start by saying I just bought my first evo and I am in love. I have no idea what took me so long! I've been a BMW tech now for about 8 years and have owned several. The evo is so much more fun to drive. OK. Now back on topic. I just got my car tuned today and after about pull number 20 we saw the vehicle totally vent boost with crazy high AFR's and a check engine light with code P0068. No boost leaks. When we would let the car sit for a while it would be fine. But then two more pulls and BAM! Same thing. I have included the dyno graph with boost and AFR. As you can see the pink line is looking CRAZY!!! I am thinking maybe fuel pump relay??? Any thoughts?
2011 GSR
Cobb TBE
Injen intake/UICP
Cobb AP
Grimmspeed 3-port
ETS 3.5 FMIC

Attachments

·
Registered
425 Posts
check fuel pump relay take it out and shake it you should hear sand noise inside that means its bad.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tested good. Went so far as to disassemble relay and inspect contacts. Looks as expected on a car with 1900 miles. Brand new. Will be replacing with blue relay anyway.The lean ratios start from the very first reading of WOT and continues. Sometimes it only lasts until boost just starts to kick in. Then it goes into limp mode and sets the code as stated earlier. Thanks for your reply. Any other suggestions based on graph and fault code???

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Tested good. Went so far as to disassemble relay and inspect contacts. Looks as expected on a car with 1900 miles. Brand new. Will be replacing with blue relay anyway.The lean ratios start from the very first reading of WOT and continues. Sometimes it only lasts until boost just starts to kick in. Then it goes into limp mode and sets the code as stated earlier. Thanks for your reply. Any other suggestions based on graph and fault code???
Brandon email [email protected] and he can help you fix it

·
Registered
55 Posts
Why do two of the pulls look fairly normal...what was different about the pink?? Did you knock something loose?? Maybe a vacuum leak preturbo, post maf? Check TPS, MAP, MAF. What I read is your PCM is checking MAF reading against TPS and Load values and noticing somethings not correlating as it once did. Are you running un-tuned?

Any way to make datalogs? AP?

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
have the tourqe limiters been disabled on the new tune? you could be hitting the limit for the airflow.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Just had another thought...are you still running OEM fuel pump? it maybe cant cope with the tune at times?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys for all your insight! At about 3 this morning I was so agravated about the whole thing I went ahead and removed the front bumper and smoke tested the whole intake system. I found a small leak at the upper intercooler pipe at the FMIC connection. It doesnt make sense that this small leak would cause my AFR to look the way it did and have boost still look normal. Even pretty good actually. All this happened on the dyno after the tune was done. Like I said, we were getting really good pulls then all of a sudden before it even got into boost you could see the AFR's totally out of whack. I am going to have to get my tuner to turn down the WGDC for me before I start logging as I am afraid of overboosting now that I have "fixed" a small leaks. I will still email the gentalman from cobb and see if he does recognize this P-code as something he has seen before or if its something on the 2011's that needs to be disabled. I dont know much about the torque limiter and I am now almost afraid to ask to have it disabled considereing I might not get the CEL to let me know that I am screwing things up. I am installing a wide band later this week to keep a better eye on this instead of just using my AP. Thoughts anyone. Thanks again

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.