Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a big fan of my SSS headlights. I had an idea in mind to buy a headlight delete kit, mount a naca duct in the left one for an intake, and get some kind of LED strip that could function as headlights. I'm having a hard time finding anything on the internet. Any ideas?

·
[E-Tuner]
15,860 Posts
Not a big fan of my SSS headlights. I had an idea in mind to buy a headlight delete kit, mount a naca duct in the left one for an intake, and get some kind of LED strip that could function as headlights. I'm having a hard time finding anything on the internet. Any ideas?
That would be awesome

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Inspection requires highbeams, right? If so, i don't see why you couldn't have a second row dedicated to high beams or something? I know i've seen the EBAY led strips but they're there as DRL's more than anything.

·
Registered
286 Posts

I don't think it's bright enough, if u use high power led, it's not small enough and u need heat sink to manager the heat.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
385 Posts
Some people wipe out the DRL area and utilize a duct there - just need to seal the lens properly, plus that engine reroute is a little bent for a air channel but still works...

·
Registered
923 Posts
Aren't LED's more efficient than halogens and HIDs?......
Yes,but you are going to be hard pressed to find aftermarket led driving lights that will be bright enough to actually use. Not saying it cant be done. Look at the oem led headlights,they are using 4,5,6 or more leds per side and while they still put off a slightly bluish light it doesn't seem as bright as hid's

1 - 10 of 10 Posts