• left

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • right

Votes: 4 14.3%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Id rather not have a license frame bracket on the front. Some states dont require em. But if its a must, then driver side.
My province, BC, requires a front plate. I have seen the plates mounted on the left side, but I would prefer no front plate. You can only get away without a front plate for so long here, eventually the cops will stop you and give you a ticket, or if you are lucky they will just give you an order to afix your front plate, and this requires an inspection. It looks so good without a plate up front, but a nice slim one, like they have in Europe, might work in the center or on the left side.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
in cali you can have it on the dash it just has to be visable from the frnt
center mount would kill air flow to the intercooler wouldnt it?
yes it would.but most cops here are aswipes and dont give a shit about what will affect.they are always crying to the city that they cant read it.we cant even have a frame around the plate.not that i use one but that is just retarded

·
Registered
46 Posts
the 08 lancer comes with "perforated" holes on the front bumper for front license plate mounting (by perforated I mean easily punched through...they're still painted just small indentations so you know where to put the screw)...as do most cars nowadays...some come with a more complete front license plate bracket for installation when the cars come off the truck before going on the lot...I'm sure the evo will have the perforated holes...Luckily, I'm a registered PA driver, and mine will be registered in PA...so no front plate for me...

EDIT: see above posts :p

·
Registered
535 Posts
In Europe we have wide plates, so I'm guessing they wont fit on the side. They are also narrow enough (from top to bottom) not block airflow to the intercooler if mounted at the center (just don't tell me those holes in the front bumper are intake). And front plates are requred, so center would work best for me.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.