Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to get the licp kit. I have a injen intake and the injen upper icp. I was planning on getting the AMS front mount to go along with all of this. Is there fitment issues with using different kits?

·
Registered
809 Posts
If it's a quality piece there shouldn't be any fitment issues. It's kinda pointless to do the licp since it won't generate gains like the uicp.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I am looking to get the licp kit. I have a injen intake and the injen upper icp. I was planning on getting the AMS front mount to go along with all of this. Is there fitment issues with using different kits?
you should upgrade all the clamps to bolt clamps if you haven't done so already. Mine always came loose on the MR

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
I have depo licp perfect fitment oem grade aluminium not like other crap you can bent with t clamps

·
Registered
924 Posts
I have ran both the ets and ams on my ams fmic.. only fitment issue I had was when I switched to the AMS w/Tial QR option... a box style intake (think PW JDM) will not fit.. but no big deal if you are running an AMS or something along those lines

·
Registered
809 Posts
I thought running the AMS w/ tial meant you had to use there intake?

·
Registered
817 Posts
I have the AEM intake and AMS SST Cooler. Only 2 brands can fit in those.

1: Depo Racing LICP
2: ETS LICP

·
Registered
14,174 Posts
You dont need the AMS kit. You just need a hose that's long enough to run from the TiAL QR to the BOV inlet on whatever intake you have.

·
Registered
924 Posts
You dont need the AMS kit. You just need a hose that's long enough to run from the TiAL QR to the BOV inlet on whatever intake you have.
This is correct... I ran it with an ETS intake (just cut up a spare mishimoto rad hose I had to make it work).. with the AMS intake and LICP together the supplied hose is precut for you... Like I said though a box style intake (PW JDM etc) wont fit due to the size and location of the QR. Hope that clarifies it

·
Registered
924 Posts
Yea I have the CAI attachment but it rains too much in Hawaii to run it... owell, on the dyno in El Paso it only made 6 extra WHP over the AMS SRI

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
highly doubt rain is going to get sucked into the intake, unless u r going through puddles that are 2-3ft deep.

·
Registered
924 Posts
yup... and it rains here for a week at a time... the ACTUAL gains over the SRI vs the slight risk plus having to change the filter ever 4-6 months at least arent worth it... 5whp is only important if you are more interested in building a dyno queen (which means you should run a t3/t4 setup not stockframe anyways), but to each his own. Eitherway, the AMS is coming off soon as it wont fit with my new setup ;)

·
Registered
262 Posts
Had Injen CAI and UICP planning to get a ETS 3" IC ( christmas gift) just need to know if I need to replace the LICP for fitment issues and performance.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts