Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Racing Brake

You could check out the rotors at Racing Brake. They weigh 3.8 lbs lighter than OEM one piece (front) and 2.0 lbs lighter than OEM one piece (rear). They are pricey though at $953 a pair for front rotors and $911 a pair for the rears. Url for the front rotors is below:

Racing Brake.

·
Premium Member
11,756 Posts
2 piece rotors are too expensive and so is their maintenance cost. You either have to be a show car or competing. Well there are also people who like to just spend money, but seriously, they are absolutely useless for 99.9 % of us here. I go to the track a fair bit and even I find the expense stupid high.......even though I am operating under an unlimited budget mindset at the moment WRT mods.

Giro is relatively cheap but compared to one piece, its just inexcusably high in price. You'd be better off spending money towards other mods that would actually work for you in a way you can notice.

As for the OP's question, I believe Giro's one piece slotted is really good. The weight differences are nothing worthy of mention. There are other kinds that will work just as well, but since I have no experience, I cannot speak for them.

There's also the wilwood kit on AMS' site for serous drag racers.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Just ordered some Performance Friction discs. they weigh in at just 8.8kgs. alot less than OEM so should reduce the unsprung weight.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Got them for just €365 so around $490.

Pads cost nearly as much €285 just for the front pads:eek:

·
aka mrubino83
4,161 Posts
yah pretty sure my girsodisc fronts were about 17lbs, OEM GSR are about 22+ if I remember correctly. I weighed everything when I swapped them out, but that was over a year ago and cant remember the exact numbers.

·
Registered
4,273 Posts
iirc, my brakeman 2-pc procast rotors for the big break kit were around 12.5lbs. the OEM size is a bit smaller, so i'd assume they're lighter. I've been running them for over 2 years now, still on the 1st set of rotors. wouldn't hurt to email and ask them about the weight though... its been a while.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.