Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone!

Proud owner of a mostly stock, 2014 Evo X with less than 18K miles on the clock. I am looking to have full turbo back exhaust, 4 inch intercooler with UICP/LICP from MAPerformance, with AEM UEGO O2 Wideband/gauge and Boost gauges installed on the car locally.

I am being quoted 15 labor hours for all that from a local shop. Does that seem excessive labor hour wise to everyone or is that about right?

I'd do much of this myself but live in an apartment and cannot work on cars there without getting kicked out. I don't have any friends with garages I can borrow either. I live in Columbus, Ohio area as info.

Thanks,
Robert

·
Registered
62 Posts
yea, that seems excessive. you can do the intercooler as well as piping in like 2 hours, let's say they quote 3 for that

the downpipe on these cars are a bitch but i don't see how the remaining should take 12 - 13 hours

·
Registered
441 Posts
That's probably about double actual time. But all it takes is a badly rusted bolt or broken stud for 8 hours of work to become 15 hours. Seems about right for a shop to quote with a safety margin that favors them.

·
Registered
2011 Evo X Gsr
6 Posts
thats a bit much, i would take it to a local exhaust shop for the exhaust, find a performance shop for the wideband and boost gauge and do the intercooler and piping yourself its not hard

1 - 4 of 4 Posts