Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm having the same problem after I switch my fuel pump to a aeromotive 340 This is actually my 2nd fuel pump The 1st one did the same thing I took it off put the oem pump back And no problem so I send The Fuel pump back-to aeromotive they send me a new 1I installed it and It was running great Until 3 days ago is started doing the same thing taking way too long to start

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just a shot, but did you guys install the white spacer from your stock pump on your new pump before installing the new O-rings? I forgot mine and it caused long starts due to loss in pressure. Maybe too simple, but thought I would share.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just installed a 255 pump and have a long crank when the car sits for a while....
Any ideas?
Car start fine after I shut it off and crank it back up. But if it sits for a while I have to hold it for like 5 seconds before it cranks over.
20200224_145027.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Make sure whatever pump you use has a 1 way check valve. They almost always do nowadays but there are a few models that don't, specifically the high pressure version of the Walbro 255. You can get an aftermarket AN one and put it inline if your pump doesn't have it.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts