Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post here!!! So hi, my name is John ;)

Well I have started the hunt for my Evo. Well actually my dad started the hunt for me, he is retired and I am in my last couple weeks of college, so he is taking it upon himself to get me the greatest deal possible.

Well he went to a Mitsubishi dealer in Daytona Florida and tried to work out a deal. First thing was first he test drove the car, he called me back and said "This thing is neat, handles great!", he actually sounded excited and this is coming from a guy that drives a Porsche 996.

So heres what i want:
-GSR SSS
-Octane Blue
-Aero Package

So he sat down armed with all the information I had given him from what South Coast Mitsubishi is selling them for. The dealer wanted 37730 for the car in that configuration, Dad said no.... They came back with 36242... once again No. Finally they came back with $35,745. So then my dad sprung the South Coast prices on them, He told them he could get it delivered to his house for $34,432... dealership had nothing to say and wouldn't come off the 35,745. He didn't even mention the graduation rebate seeing as i graduate in about 2 weeks....

Normally in the situation my dad would walk out and be pissed off and what not but he actually called me and told me how nice the guys at the Daytona Dealer were. But its a numbers game I suppose so tomorrow he is gonna call South Coast and see what he can work out.

I'm just posting because I am excited to be close to getting a new car....though i will be in debt its pretty exciting still. Hopefully I will have more to add tomorrow about what he has heard from South Coast.

John

·
Registered
156 Posts
Deal

Nice! I am excited for you and welcome you. I know you'll get a good deal soon, so good luck and let us know how everything works out! Octane Blue stands out and looks nice in person! :shades:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice! I am excited for you and welcome you. I know you'll get a good deal soon, so good luck and let us know how everything works out! Octane Blue stands out and looks nice in person! :shades:
You're from atlanta... So am I. Well Alpharetta to be exact. No matter where i get the car from it will be coming home to Atlanta with me :)

John

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
why dont you try some of the merchants on here and see if you can get a good deal?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Alright...got in touch with south coast today... Well all i can say is that i wish we lived in Cali for that price. In the end it ends up costing just about the same as if i were just to go to Daytona and buy it. The reason for this is because of shipping. You can go cheap with shipping or you can do it right... if you want to do it right and have insurance, as well as have the car in a covered truck it all starts to add up.

In the end i think South Coast came around to 35300, and Daytona was at 35745, and i think that 400 dollars is worth being able to see the car before you buy it.

Tomorrow I'm gonna call a couple places in Georgia and see what they have to say and what kind of deal we can get.

I'll keep you posted.

John

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Alright guys....

Car is mine... bought it from Daytona. Octane Blue, SSS, with factory Aero kit. They have to wait for the aero kit to come in and then install it so it will be around Tuesday when the car is ready to go. But thats it. Car had 2.5 miles on it, then my dad test drove it, and its sitting there with 6.5 miles on it.

I couldn't be happier.

John

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.