Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for an Evo X and found this forum. I found one on facebook marketplace and would really like some insight as I do not understand too much on what to look for when buying one. The one I found is high mileage and an SST. It's a 2008 Evo X MR (I am looking for an automatic). What would you guys say about this evo?

·
Registered
2017 Audi RS3 Stage 2 Unitronic Tune 93 Octane
1,940 Posts
I am in the market for an Evo X and found this forum. I found one on facebook marketplace and would really like some insight as I do not understand too much on what to look for when buying one. The one I found is high mileage and an SST. It's a 2008 Evo X MR (I am looking for an automatic). What would you guys say about this evo?

Depends on what you want to do with the Evo. SST can get quite expensive to hold big power. Additionally, get that motor checked out. Leak down and ensure it really is a built motor. I see the aftermarket manifold on it. Looks like the turbo was taken off and sold, replaced with a stock turbo.
You’re probably in for a lot of maintenance.

·
Registered
17 Posts

That is alot of miles and really old. 14K though not bad. SST's as the other guy mentioned can't handle the load and if you break it you are screwed for 8K or whatever it is so probably not even worth it. I have a 2011 MR with 87K miles. I have slightly modded the tune but just the old std cobb tune from many years ago. That tranny can't handle it and why push it anyway, it's not a drag car it's a canyon carver.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Have a very clean 2013 MR with only 33k miles. Trans done by kozmic, tcase by Shep. Making about 450whp VD

Not sure what price range you are looking for though as it is highly modded and low miles. Have it listed at 34k

1 - 4 of 4 Posts