Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this 2011 evo gsr for $24,500, it currently has 99,483 miles on it. Im new to the car scene and fell in love with the evos off the start. It does have some modifications done to it but nothing too excessive. I was concerned about the milage being a bit high. Does this seem like a good deal or should i keep searching?

·
Registered
78 Posts
my vote would be to keep looking. Unless they can provide you with receipts for the parts and the work done, then maybe. Let me ask you this, what is it that YOURE looking for in an evo.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my vote would be to keep looking. Unless they can provide you with receipts for the parts and the work done, then maybe. Let me ask you this, what is it that YOURE looking for in an evo.
Well i am looking for a semi stock evo if not stock to build to my liking/budget, but as i had said earlier i know the bare minimum there is to know about cars (which is why stubbled on this useful forum to learn) this evo i found just had the bare minimum mods done and was around the price i can afford but as i had stated the miles seemed to be high? Would you consider that high?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Personally, I would keep looking. With modded cars you never know. Only way I’d be remotely comfortable would be if they had the receipts for the work done. Again, this is what I would do.
There are stock cars out there. Just be patient. Learning the car in stock form is an experience on its own. And like you said, you’d want to personalize it to your liking. So my .02 cents.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Personally, I would keep looking. With modded cars you never know. Only way I’d be remotely comfortable would be if they had the receipts for the work done. Again, this is what I would do.
There are stock cars out there. Just be patient. Learning the car in stock form is an experience on its own. And like you said, you’d want to personalize it to your liking. So my .02 cents.
Thank you so much!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I would say keep looking for a better deal.
For reference I purchased My 2105 Final Edition with 97k from a dealer for 25,500.
As far as mileage goes it all depends how it was treated check if they have maintenance records. When I got my Evo the dealer had a 2012 with 42k for same price on it,but with the rust
and wear on that car my 97k Evo looked like a showroom car compare to it.
Just take that into consideration.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I found this 2011 evo gsr for $24,500, it currently has 99,483 miles on it. Im new to the car scene and fell in love with the evos off the start. It does have some modifications done to it but nothing too excessive. I was concerned about the milage being a bit high. Does this seem like a good deal or should i keep searching?
That's a horrible deal unless its had a lot of work done on it, I sold my stock 2015 Evo GSR for 24k with 48k miles and made plenty of money. I would look for stuff with less than 50k miles on it in that price range. Closer to stock the better so maybe it's not too banged up and you can choose what you want to do with it.

On a side note, you should have a mechanic look at it before purchase at your own expense. Anyone that declines that probably knows there is some issue with the car.

Good luck, it's an awesome car!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have few evo x and one of them you can have for only $20000. Its 2015 Mitsubishi Evolution X MR 6 speed twin clutch with only 36k miles on it, its my wife's and she wants SUV now.

·
Registered
11 Posts
if you check Kelly Bluebook car values, a standard 2011 GSR with those miles is worth $12,500 - $15,000 for trade in. I don't know what upgrades your car has like leather seats, GPS, sunroof, sound system but those can def add value. If the car only has as a couple of mods are they worth the additional $10,000? I think since the car made it to 100K on the millage it might be in decent shape just not worth the $10K additional.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts