Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post and introduction as well. As the title says, I am looking for a brand new Evo IX or 2008 Evo X. I believe that in a thread that I cannot find now, someone mentioned that there are both Evo IX's and 2008 Evo X's languishing forlornly on a few dealer lots around the U.S.

I find it hard to believe that there could be any new Evo IX's anywhere other than collectors or dealers wanting top dollar for them. If anyone has any leads to either of these cars, I would greatly appreciate it.

I come from the Honda community and will be selling my beloved 2007 built Honda Civic Si. I would have enough money to pay cash for anything slightly south of 27K. I want to get an Evo as I have always loved them and feel that the car is the absolute best performance baragain out there for the money. BTW, I have looked at STi's, 370Z's and '11 5.0 Mustang GT's. Thanks again for any help in locating a new or slighly used Evo IX or 2008 X.

·
[Local Team Member]
2,523 Posts
Last time I heard of a new IX was from southcoast Mitsubishi and they wanted a stupid amount of money for that. Your best bet is to find a low mile 2008 X which can be had for about $25

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Last time I heard of a new IX was from southcoast Mitsubishi and they wanted a stupid amount of money for that. Your best bet is to find a low mile 2008 X which can be had for about $25
Put three zeros after that 25 and I will gladly fork over the money to buy a 2008 X.

And, Southcoast Mitsubishi has 2 Evo IX's for 50K each. Yikes!

·
Registered
11,115 Posts
If you are looking for either, depending on your plans for the car, i'd just get a slightly used one.

If you plan to mod it a lot, get the 9 for sure.

if you plan to use it as your DD and mod some get the X and if you can afford it just get a new one, doesn't matter what year whatever you can find for the cheapest.

·
Registered
504 Posts
If you want a new IX, I believe South Coast has 4 of them. 50k each.
WAY too much for a new IX. Now, if it was a new FQ model from the UK, that'd be another story.

·
[Local Team Member]
2,523 Posts
The only evo that is even close to be worth 50k is the evo IV TME in my opinion and maybe the FQ400. Anybody that will pay that for a run of the mill evo 9 in the US is either a complete retard or has more money than he knows what to do with it,

·
Registered
504 Posts
The only evo that is even close to be worth 50k is the evo IV TME in my opinion and maybe the FQ400. Anybody that will pay that for a run of the mill evo 9 in the US is either a complete retard or has more money than he knows what to do with it,
Right on that one. A TME would be an awesome find.

·
Grumpy young man
10,629 Posts
get an evo IX, dont even consider a X, you'll regret it.

·
[Local Team Member]
2,523 Posts
get an evo IX, dont even consider a X, you'll regret it.
BS. The x is a great car and a much better car than the 8 or 9 as a DD. Just because you Micky moused your car and turned it into a shit box doesn't mean that the X is a bad choice ;)

·
[X Performance Mod], [Racing Mod], [Local Team Mem
11,761 Posts
BS. The x is a great car and a much better car than the 8 or 9 as a DD. Just because you Micky moused your car and turned it into a shit box doesn't mean that the X is a bad choice ;)
+1.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using AutoGuide App

·
[X Performance Mod], [Racing Mod], [Local Team Mem
11,761 Posts
If you plan to mod it a lot, get the 9 for sure.

if you plan to use it as your DD and mod some get the X.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Here is the Evo worth 50k.http://www.autoweb.co.uk/used/car/mitsubishi/lancer/12626685

Sale price 20k. Then all you have to do is import it (maybe 10k), then find an old fake vin number from a junked lancer in a junkyard, register it!!! Then take the remaining 20k and use it for the lawyer to help you get out of jail when the highway patrol figures it out.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
I was thinking of going back to a IX but then i remember all the problems i had, and how much fuel they use:eek:

The X is easier to live with, you get about 90% of the fun and performance, but less problems.

The IXs are very fast though! thats why in the UK we tuned them a bit then named them FQ... standing for F**king quick.

·
Grumpy young man
10,629 Posts
for a daily driver i totally agree, the X is much better. however in my opinion its foolish to have a car like this and not track it or rally or even constantly autox. for those purposes, the IX is better in every way. i know the X has much more advanced drivers aids, but that takes too much away from the experience of driving. i thought the sst was awesome, i made such a mistake. i was so wrong for thinking one car could do everything

1 - 20 of 41 Posts